How much paint to paint a bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toast

Reaction score
I was thinking about painting our early bay myself and was wondering how much paint is required (two tone) divide in the normal place just below the glass, and would be taking the doors,boot, sliding door off but only painting outside including door shuts etc.....
How much top and how much bottom colour to get a nice amount of paint on please?

I've just done a Rustoleum respray and bought 5 ltr of cream & 1 ltr black for the roof, 8 ltr of white spirit, approx.£80 total and still got some of each left over :D , about half the white spirit was used for cleaning the spray gun.

NickJ said:
I've just done a Rustoleum respray and bought 5 ltr of cream & 1 ltr black for the roof, 8 ltr of white spirit, approx.£80 total and still got some of each left over :D , about half the white spirit was used for cleaning the spray gun.

Got pics then? Surely you documented the proof?

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
NickJ said:

Cheers!

Alistair

:lol: You've just posted on my gallery thread, go back a couple of pages :lol:

NickJ said:
aogrady said:
NickJ said:

Cheers!

Alistair

:lol: You've just posted on my gallery thread, go back a couple of pages :lol:

Doh, I don't know my arse from my elbow some days....i'll take a mooch.......

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks for your reply, just ordered the pastel white and mouse grey, 4 litres of each and hardener and thinners....

I did mine myself with two pack, at a cost of around £500 but that included u-pol primmer filler and extra two pack thinners as i was doing it in stages.....u can look up holly is nearly complete.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
check out my old topic on how much paint and stuff you need!
hope this helps
thx boody

Latest posts