How the top bunk works

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberdyne systems

Reaction score
Hi, i'm refering to the bunk up in the pop top of a westy (campmobile). It opens up, but when my daughter tried it, it can close up on her.

In the end i shoved a wheel brace in the front of the mechanism to stop it from moving, so I'm wondering how its supposed to work normally?

Cheers
Gareth

cyberdyne systems said:
Hi, i'm refering to the bunk up in the pop top of a westy (campmobile). It opens up, but when my daughter tried it, it can close up on her.

In the end i shoved a wheel brace in the front of the mechanism to stop it from moving, so I'm wondering how its supposed to work normally?

Cheers
Gareth

Sounds like your mechanism is shot, once its opens its solid, hard to explain but its all in the design of the metalwork

Just

In that case maybe the canvas has been replaced or even shrunk? But it doesn't want to open enough to 'lock' in place by just being open.

Any pics so i can see the angle of a correctly opened mechanism?

Cheers
Gareth

Gareth I have just had the canvas on my westy bunk bed replaced and Leon(who did the work)has posted pics on his website http://www.conceptpoptops.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in the bunk bed section. These show the hinged mechanism and I have had no probs with it :D

Latest posts