How to find year made on " M " plate ????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USA Santa

Reaction score
:oops: OK . I know I've see this on here many times. :oops: However , I still have a question. :?:

I just ran the M plate thingiee here & I still don't know the YEAR :?: :oops:

Here it is : 18DE . 18th of December , 21 425 508 697 < I under stand these BUT

UK 2211 676 140 90 < What do these mean :?: :oops:

Dose the [676] indicate that it is in fact a 1967 Bay , made on the 6th month [June] :?:

I believe this is a Deluxe , at least it has all the deluxe trim :!: No it is not mine but it is going up for sale soon 8)

Thanks for all help . :oops: I know I'm probably over looking something simple :shock:

:character0032:

Thats the wrong bit of the M plate by the look of it.

The year of build is on the serial number lower down. Its the 3rd number on mine and relates to the model year (mines a 9=69)

The model year runs from 1st August until 31st July. Mine was built on the 22nd August 1968 making it a 1969 model.

The bit of the M code you have put on here reads like this

UK 2111 676 140 90

UK= Imported into USA (reserve east)
21=Panelvan
1 = LHD with RH slider?
1 = Fire Truck

Because its a fire truck it might be harder to get all the info but if you show the whole plate it might be easier. :roll:

Hope this helps.

If your bus is a 68-69 the plate will have upto 4 numbers on the top line.
If its

18 12

then it was built in 18th Dec.

Also the year of model production is on the chassis plate and not the M plate.

USA Santa said:
:oops: OK . I know I've see this on here many times. :oops: However , I still have a question. :?:

I just ran the M plate thingiee here & I still don't know the YEAR :?: :oops:

Here it is : 18DE . 18th of December , 21 425 508 697 < I under stand these BUT

UK 2211 676 140 90 < What do these mean :?: :oops:

Dose the [676] indicate that it is in fact a 1967 Bay , made on the 6th month [June] :?:

I believe this is a Deluxe , at least it has all the deluxe trim :!: No it is not mine but it is going up for sale soon 8)

Thanks for all help . :oops: I know I'm probably over looking something simple :shock:

Later

Santa

I make that 18 December 1970. Its a 71 model year. I think .... :?

I was thinking this clem but that would be a 10 digit serial number with the 3rd number being a 1 (71). Im lost on this at the moment 68-69s had 9 digit numbers and this seems to be 11? If he posts the entire m plate and chassis plate in its correct form this will be slightly earlier but i still think it will be difficult to do it all with it being a fire bus.

Ok . Sorry about the mix up . When I typed this on the reply page it looked just like the M plate.

Then when I post , it changes the way it looked , sorry . I'll try to do it one line @ a tim & see what it dose this time.

I do know that it is a 7 passenger , not a fire truck ??? Also a low light with the small round reflectors on the front & rear.

Like those on the "68s & "69s . The original color is med. blue with whit top . I can see inside the engine bay & the front

kick panels under the dash are missing. so this is the stock color... OH . It also has " Deluxe " trim...

18 DE

21 425 508 697

UK 2211 676140 90

I took , what I call a " rub" , using a lead pencil to rub across the #s on to a piece of paper to copy the #s...

Ok just did the "preview" button & it is now as it appears on the "M" plate... Just spread out a lill more...Except the 90 it should be a bit more to the right???

:alc:

Yes . Well it is on the Bay still. I just recently saw this one setting at a local shop . It is for sale and is chucked full of stored parts :poke: So I took a look at the plate. The information above
[ 2 post up ]is a direct copy from the M plat behind the drivers seat . Left hand drive.
I have not how ever looked in the engine bay for further ID tags . Where exactly is it located ? :oops:

Again many thanks for any & all help :beerchug:

Latest posts