how to: get a key cut for doors on early bay!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sackmcgannay

Reaction score
imported my 68 bay fron the us - it came with an ignition key but no key for the door locks - all the locks i am pretty sure are original to the van...
I have sent an email to [email protected] explaining my problem as i have been told that they may be able to issue me with a replacement key (going on the part
no. on inside of handle)
has anyone had any experience doing this - i presume there will have to be some checks done against the chassis number etc but the vehicle is not yet mot'd and therefor
registered yet in the u.k.

can anyone give me advice?..am i barking up the right tree?.. let me know how long it might take to get a key (booked a holiday in the van in under 5 weeks!!!)

thanks as always

I'd edit your post fella - not good having the key code on a public forum..whats to stop me getting a key cut to that code and coming in the night? I wouldn't as I'm not a tea-leaf and have a 68 westy....

Its possible to rebuild your door lock cylinders by rearranging the "tumblers" to suit your key. Its a fiddly job but well worth it as you'll end up with one key fitting all locks.

Info here:

http://www.hallvw.clara.net/lockpart.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You may find that you need a few tumblers - if so give me a shout as I have some spares you could have.

Hope this helps

Andy :)

how long did the process take? - i've got 4 weeks and the van is not uk registered - is in my name though.

Latest posts