How to I clean this gunge from my fridge, see photo

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbmkk

Reaction score
Hi

I have been trying to clean the inside of my recently bought Wesfalia campervan, but have come to a problem with the fridge.

There are yellow marks all over the base and in the corners, it looks as if (although of course is not) somebody spilled melted butter everywhere.

yellowwz.jpg

I have tried the folowing

Cillit Bang
Flash Lemon liquid
Milton Fluids
Bleach, neat from the bottle
Lemon juice

and various cocktail mixes of some / all the above

.. all without success :cry:

Any suggestions would be very welcome

thanks

Next step is petrol and a match :roll:

Is it gunge or just age discoloration ? If the latter probably best left. Bleach etc.. can sometimes make the insides brittle (or so i hear).

JS

There's some stuff/chemical that window fitters have on there vans to polish scratches out of plastic window frames that might work. I know this as the rough arse fitters that installed my windows last year had to use it.

It works by removing/dissolving the plastic. They used it with a bit of rag and there were white deposits left on the rag after... If you do use this stuff, obviously test in corner out of sight first!!!

Its also worth remembering that some plastics are porous so the stains may be there to stay...

Good luck dude

Latest posts