How to register an imported car?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippysteven

Reaction score
Hi all, can u help me with how to register an imported 66 split.
The only document I have is the HM revenue form to say the duty has been paid. I have no original Californian log book. The bus was also imported in 2004 by one on one restorations, thanks

You'll need an MOT certificate, an insurance cover note - both of these can be done on the chassis number. You'll need a proof of age document, from Volkswagen Germany or VAG UK and the appropriate DVLA forms, and the fee, which is around £50.

Clem said:
You'll need an MOT certificate, an insurance cover note - both of these can be done on the chassis number. You'll need a proof of age document, from Volkswagen Germany or VAG UK and the appropriate DVLA forms, and the fee, which is around £50.

VW Birth Certificate:

http://automuseum.volkswagen.de/index.php?id=12&L=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for your help on this one chaps, the £50 seems steep for a piece of paper but if it's gets are bus closer to being registered then I suppose I can't grumble.

Thanks

Latest posts