'How to' technical post request

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
I'd lost my thread again, but found it in the 'How to...' section - which is cool, thanks! (How I fitted my Propex)

But can I make a request/suggestion?
Would it be possible to copy the original thread rather than move it - reason being that it doesn't look like it is possible to ask questions within a thread once it has been moved, and also - it took me about 3 years to realise that section existed :oops: (my fault) - so it feels a bit like the topic is hidden until people link to it.

Maybe a compromise is to wait a few days before moving it, so it remains current and so any initial response/questions etc have been asked - particularly if it is a 'running' thread where I was going to add progression/updates.

I've been caught out with this before - posting a thread and then it moving ;) - wasn't sure if this was a 'gallery' (as it has piccies) or a 'technical', which is where I would have put it given the choice.

I would also add what I said last time - totally accept it being put where site mods want it, of course! 8)

I would be more than willing (in the future) to tweak the thread or topic at a later stage if it was wanted for the 'How to....' section, if that would be helpful, to make it read better as a permanent guide - more than happy to contribute in any way I can, as I have a few similar threads waiting to be written (I take lots of pics as I go!) but I quite enjoy the question/answer stage of a newly posted topic...

When I get a chance I was going to revisit the pics I posted re fitting a pertronix and make that into a full-on guide. [edited to add - just realised I can't even edit my original post...]

Just a suggestion - no worries if it makes life more complicated ;)

We wont be sticking in the tech section as it soon gets cluttered so the answer was a how to section for the guides and really useful posts like this one. ill move it back for you sorry.

People can still post and ask questions in the how to's.

Cheers Johnny,
I just wanted to edit/correct a few bits, and cover the 'gas bottle in engine bay' bit, as well as add some details about the fixing of the thermostat control - no need to apologise for anything :D - as I say, I am more than happy to then edit it into a nice clear 'How to...' guide when it is finished, along with anything else I can help with. Understand about the location bit....

I have started to do guides for timing, fitting the pertronix, taking the engine out and a few others, so hope these will be of some use in the future - got all the pics, just need the time now :roll: :lol:

you can still edit your post while its in the How to section, but it was my fault for moving it without letting you know first.

Latest posts