I have been offered a 70's awning???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky boy

Reaction score
I have been offered a 70's awning for a bay. They have asked me how much it is worth??? It has only been used a few times. What sort of cash should I offer??

I have the same problem, well I was given mine and was thinking about selling it but its not freestanding and I have nothing to stand it on so can't take a pic... that would help :)

Look through ebay see if you can see something similar?

If its a Westy awning then its worth several hundred pounds, if its a Devon Motent its worth a bit, but these days you cant give away old awnings now everone wants lightweight, easy dry, pop-up stuff. :mrgreen:

How do you tell which sort it is?? Looks like I need to do more reserch. :)
I will have to see if I can get any pictures of the bus. The daughter was telling me back in the 70's the bus was flown down to the south of France the toured Europe in it.

Clem said:
but these days you cant give away old awnings now everone wants lightweight, easy dry, pop-up stuff. :mrgreen:

Not everyone ,I prefer the 70`s look .... 8)

I will give you a tenner for yours... :mrgreen:

dandaz said:
Clem said:
but these days you cant give away old awnings now everone wants lightweight, easy dry, pop-up stuff. :mrgreen:

Not everyone ,I prefer the 70`s look .... 8)

I will give you a tenner for yours... :mrgreen:

And me, fed up with Khyams everywhere. ;)

this is ours, it was given to us. its mint, but for a RHD (mines LHD) BUT .................... we snapped a pole putting it up due to the weight of the canvas, its large to store and takes a while to put up and down (we moved sites every 2 days) a nightmare when wet, no where nears as practical (i know practical is not a word used much in the aircooled or my world, but ist somewhere for me and the kids to sleep) as a moden one and it ripped in a gale. I have not got a moden one, but i'm going to get one for holidays with the family, but use my 70's one at shows over weekend.
the child on its way we need a BIG awning for holiday and minimal stress :lol:

126.jpg

dubscum said:
this is ours, it was given to us. its mint, but for a RHD (mines LHD) BUT .................... we snapped a pole putting it up due to the weight of the canvas, its large to store and takes a while to put up and down (we moved sites every 2 days) a nightmare when wet, no where nears as practical (i know practical is not a word used much in the aircooled or my world, but ist somewhere for me and the kids to sleep) as a moden one and it ripped in a gale. I have not got a moden one, but i'm going to get one for holidays with the family, but use my 70's one at shows over weekend.
the child on its way we need a BIG awning for holiday and minimal stress :lol:

126.jpg

OktoberFest last year?

Cheers, will all have to wait and see what it is like :) I will have to see if they have anything else left ;)

Right I have got this awning, not as big as I was told :lol: but it looks as if it's for a bay :D I'll pop some pic's up in a bit!

It turns out I know the owner of the van as well :lol: he's owned it for a good few years now!

Westy one on VZi at the moment. It's up for £700:shock:

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=628535" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jacks906 there's one for sale on here at the moment in the for sale section.

correct for a Devon as well ;) .
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

marcher said:
Westy one on VZi at the moment. It's up for £700:shock:

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=628535" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds a lot, and is of course, but I guess a vgc rhd Westy awning is pretty scarce. Its a small market for potential buyers, but the right person will splash the cash.

When I was looking I missed a couple that were, literally, being given away, and also a few that looked liked theyd been used as moth farms for strong money. I made a reasonable comprimise in the end - Ive got a worn one (matches the van), paid good money for it, but also went halfers with a mate :mrgreen:

bananacustard said:
jacks906 there's one for sale on here at the moment in the for sale section.

correct for a Devon as well ;) .
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers dude just PM'd :mrgreen:

Latest posts