I need a reversing light...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coda

Reaction score
So I want to fit a reverse light, like one of these: https://www.justkampers.com/181-941...r-vw-beetle-1946-onward-and-t2-1950-1979.html. These look like the lights I've seen retrofitted to early bugs though I have seen an image of an early bay with 2 of these fitted, but for the life of me I can't find it now.

The problem is I can't find brackets for them from anywhere except these https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/111941351-bracket-for-reverse-or-fog-light-left.html which are specifically for the beetle. Does anyone know if they will also fit an early bay rear bumper or if not, where can I get brackets from?

Thanks.

Looks like they already come with a threaded attachment. You could always drill the bumper and attach directly.

Alternatively, do as Adey said: bit of flat bar can be knocked in to a bracket for this with relative ease

Isn't there anybody that sells these brackets already made? (I've checked JK, C&C, Butty's, Machine7, Schofield, Heritage, Retrodubs, Ebay, etc)

Or would those beetle brackets from Heritage fit that I linked above?

I don't have the tools at the moment to make something that isn't looking like a total bodge, and I'm certain I do not want to drill the bumper.

Thanks Gas1man, I've got them. I'm just 3d printing a mock-up to see how they fit, then I'll have to figure out how to make them without the proper tools.

13cbe271c80147ae6d63fe963b59620a.jpg

I just drilled the underside of the bumper for reverse and fog lights.

Granted you’ll need brackets if you don’t want holes in your bumper ... wasn’t a problem for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the brackets were made by a guy on here years ago, i may have a spare set as i was thinking at the time i would also mount spots at the front but i've not done so and doubt i will now, i'll have a look tomorrow and let you know

Wannabay said:
the brackets were made by a guy on here years ago, i may have a spare set as i was thinking at the time i would also mount spots at the front but i've not done so and doubt i will now, i'll have a look tomorrow and let you know
Thanks. Ill hold off continuing my prototyping plastic brackets :lol: and wait for your reply.

Latest posts