• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I would like some opinions please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trikky2

Reaction score
The time has come for me to sell my camper.
It's a uk RHD 1971 Dormobile D4/6 fitted with a spacemaker elevating roof.

It's in lovely condition. I have owned it since 1973 and it was cavity wax injected with Dinitrol and the underside treated with Zeibart. Annual inspections, always garaged and spending the majority of its life in the south of France means it hasn't rusted, never been welded, all original metal.
I have a thread in the Gallery http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1204 where there's lots more info and pictures.
I would like to know what price I should reasonably ask for it to sell.
Thanks in advance for your help. Let me know if you need more info.
Frederik.

If its as good as it looks I'd say 22,000 -25,000 euro's. minimum but as the saying goes , it's only worth what some one is prepared to pay for it ! GLWS .
I'd keep it , pass it down. IMHO.

sorry to learn that your time to sell has come, must be a real wrench......

like your thread!! Some really good memories there

(no idea on value, sorry...)

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated :)

Gona66', yes nice idea. Unfortunately the kids have not inherited my interest in old machines and classic cars.

Tough call trikky. I hope that does not mean we will loose you and your brain full of knowledge and banter.

agree with Johnny estimate. ive always liked how well you have kept your bus over the years through the pics posted here over many threads. shows you kept it well and would certainly trust your description.

certainly a great van for someone RHD almost one owner zero work needed and rot free. #

such a shame but i hope future plans work out.

R's 6

Thanks for your kind words six :)
Had many good times and I still love the bus. Time marches on and all that.
I hope to find a good home for it and I shall continue to try to help out where I can.
Frederik.

I reckon with my little knowledge that it would be worth 18k - 20k for being solid and good overall condition with a well used engine. If the engines in great shape then more Imo. Don't forget to wait until May/June time and you may get even more depending whats about

Nice, honest bus with some original bits and some sensible additions. Have you still got the Dormobile roof, can't help but thinking that having it more "as it was" would increase saleability, and perhaps value.

Latest posts