In-line fuel filter - have I got a problem?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel

Reaction score
I've recently fitted one of these, and contrary to previous comments I'll be moving it out of my engine bay shortly, currently mounted between the pump and carb - I've secured this so it sits vertically with the little directional 'flow' arrow pointing upwards.

In the meantime, have I got a problem? I've notice that, after parking up, stopped and engine off, the fuel gradually empties, not entirely, out of the 'bulb' in the filter - I can see air bubbles going up through the 'bulb' and I can smell petrol, but that disappears quickly, there is no evidence of petrol leaking. When the engines running everything appears normal, runs sweet - good tickover, good pick-up, no missing or spluttering...any thoughts welcome.

I have recently had fitted a plumbed in fire extinguisher but don't particularly want to use it!

Cheers, Nigel

the direction arrow is to indicate the flow of the fuel so it should be going of to the pump carb if the fuel is emptying out there is a leak check the fuel line to the pump and carb see if the fuel hose will turn on the fitting if it does re tighten the jubilee clips you may need new hoses
other than that its a carb or pump problem

Cheers Ray - what you say fits with a problem a couple of weeks ago - I had hoped I'd sorted it. I think I'm getting the tiniest of leaks on the fuel pump. Nigel.

Latest posts