IN LINE FUEL FILTERS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wakey

Reaction score
:lol: any suggestions on the best type of in line fuel filters, for a standard 1600cc, with a rusty fuel tank putting very fine rust particules into my carb.

Wakey
1972 Devon Camper "Ruby"
as featured in this months "Camper & Bus" :mrgreen:

FF 100 from here

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/hoses/fuelpumps.php#ff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been using in-line filters for a couple of years now - just buy the biggest you can from your car spares shop and always keep a spare just in case. Make sure it's the right way round as well.

I had a new engine (excellent by the way, a new Mexican) fitted and my mechanic had just enough time to take the tank out and get rid of much of the gunk. I believe it is possible to knock it all off with a chain then seal the inside but this just was not possible this time. End result is I still have a filter but it's still pretty clean afer the first 1000 miles.

To jump in here - if that's ok
I've been reading bits about these filters now for a few years - and always wince when I see a pic of one in an engine bay-or on someones's new aqusition.
I believe these to be a potential fire hazard, and wouldn't have one on my beloved double-cab. I had one once on a motorbike - it split open and hissed fuel all over the very hot engine - noticed whilst I sat at a traffic light. I jumped off pronto and cut the engine before the fuel hit the HT caps.
Removed one from my 66 beetle and my mates are ditching them too.
Opinion: - Ditch them - Petseal your tank (treat the cause, not the symptom) - secure all your fuel line with proper fuel clips. Buy good quality petrol.

Dont ditch them at all but do not put them in engine bay like most people do between fuel inlet and fuel pump as you are basically introducing two posible leak point on connectiosn over the van electrica and head

Clarkson46 said:
FF 100 from here

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/hoses/fuelpumps.php#ff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

great website that, loads of useful bits and bobs. I like the solenoid fuel cut off. i wonder could it be wired to a remote alarm :twisted:

Latest posts