Indicator stalk wires what goes where?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igotaholeybus

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I'm trying to wire my indicator stalk up, 4 wires are already in place but there are another 4 that were taped and tucked away, (This is how it was when I bought the van after it was important from the states). If anyone has a photo of one I could see, or some instructions that would be great. I've tried staring at the diagram but can't make much sense of it. Loose wires are brown and grey, brown, black and grey, black green and white.

Thanks for reading guys, Dan

Going by the date of the van below your user name, this is the wiring diagram you should be looking at:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiring/baybus_6869a.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The indicator switch is G.
As you can see the black/green/white goes to J which is the emergency flasher relay.
Brown is always an earth and in this case goes to a connector on the back of the speedo K5.
Black and white (rather than grey) also goes to the emergency flasher relay.
Brown and white (rather than grey) goes to J7, the dimmer relay.

Thanks for your reply vwed, sorry yeah it is a 68 thanks for all the info, do you know where they have to be soldered on at the stalk end?

Thanks again, Dan

Okay no worries thanks anyway. I think I might just bite the bullet and buy a new one Just in case I find that this one is no good after spending lots of time on it.

Bear in mind that there has been quite a lot of comment about the quality (or lack of it) on new ones.

Thanks chad, I wasn't aware the new ones were poor quality. I was assuming they'd be good as they start at £100 without the housing.

I have just replaced mine , see if you can find a good used one as everyone told me the repro ones are crap 8)

Latest posts