Inner Tubes?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was just looking at the JK repro smoothie wheels here -

http://www.justkampers.com/catalog/product/view/id/21978/s/rb-606-15-500-standard-style-smoothie-wheel-5-x-15-5-x-205-vw-beetle-1948-1967-vw-t2-split-1950-1967-vw-t2-bay-1967-1971/category/162/

and noticed they require inner tubes.

Google tells me inner tubes shouldn't be fitted with tyres that have a profile less that 65% .... does this means running these on a lowered bus is ruled out then? Any real world experience out there?

After speaking to a "tame" tyre fitter with over 40 years of experience, tubes cannot be fitted to standard radial tyres but only tyres designed for inner tubes marked "tube type".
Tubes cannot be fitted to tyres with a profile of less than 65% due to overheating issues.
Maybe the wheels have to be run with tubes because there's no CE mark and haven't been tested to relevant standards? :msn4:

I expect toffo will be along in a minute and add his knowledge.

sparkywig said:
Maybe the wheels have to be run with tubes because there's no CE mark and haven't been tested to relevant standards? :msn4:

I expect toffo will be along in a minute and add his knowledge.

Thats a good point - I wonder if my BBT Sprints have a CE mark? :? ;)

C'mon Pete ....

Latest posts