Insurance, Limited Mileage Policies, Lowered Bus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does your insurance policy involve limited mileage? And is your bus lowered?

• Yes and Yes my bus is Lowered

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • No and Yes my bus is Lowered

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Yes and No my bus isn't Lowered

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • No and No my bus isn't Lowered

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
I like the look of the gauges and having one that actually reads the correct speed would remove the need for me to have a tom-tom stuck on the dash. My speedo seriously over reads and also the face is worn where the needle touches the face of the dial.

My bus is not true and original so having a non domed speedo won't really bother me.

Taking the dash pod out and fitting it is the only thing that would bother me...

Alex VW Heritage said:
Marriedblonde said:
Taking the dash pod out and fitting it is the only thing that would bother me...

There will be a lovely yout tube vid coming soon with my ugly mug showing you exactly how to do it.

Its very easy!

2nd that. Removing the dash pod is a piece of cake. Apart from those bastard little white grommets that hold in the heater levers. :lol:

mike202 said:
This is something I need to do, can the plastic fasteners that hold the heater levers in be put back easily or is that a b@stard job as well?

Can they be left off?

You can leave them off. The heater levers won't go anywhere.

aspro said:
mike202 said:
This is something I need to do, can the plastic fasteners that hold the heater levers in be put back easily or is that a b@stard job as well?

Can they be left off?

You can leave them off. The heater levers won't go anywhere.

thanks Aspro, nice to know if it becomes a problem putting them back :mrgreen:

I'm on a limited mileage policy as well, though haven't had the problem of too many miles yet.
But just in case, I have a drilling machine that turns left and right. Should do the trick :msn4:

Latest posts