Insurance recommendations please- 36 year old with Dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiDev

Reaction score
Hi all,

After a long break away i have another dub, a 69 Dormobile. I am due to collect it later this week, can anyone recommend a good insurance company, i will be using it only at weekends in the spring and summer for family weekends away. Adrian Flux used to be quite reasonable?

Any advice welcome!
Thanks,
Si.

Personally would never use Adrian f@£ks again!
R H insurance ;) breakdown included.
Subjects been done to death on here. Search it and see :mrgreen:

I'm with Adrian Flux. they did me a good deal, however, i've heard they're not too good when it comes to renewals so i'll probably shop around again when the time comes.

I've heard JK are quite good but the list is massive as there's that many to choose from. I'd phone around a few and play them off each other if i was you mate.

Also, flux have many " sister" companies, ask the broker if they're related to them, they seem to have a monopoly going on :lol:

Just kampers been ok for me last 3 years, and i will shop arond to get a good deal!!
Peter Best are worth a look too i rek ;)

I got my van insurance with Cherished , got a discount with being on here and a saving of £100 :D
3000 limited miles and i can use it the odd time i need to get to work.
well happy.

Cherished for me £118 with free agreed value ya just e mail them a few pics.
Very helpful and excellent service so far. Think you get discount if you give your username on this forum.

Thanks guys, im hoping the fact that its not the daily driver will mean its pretty reasonable. Fingers crossed.

SiDev said:
Thanks guys, im hoping the fact that its not the daily driver will mean its pretty reasonable. Fingers crossed.

You might struggle there. Most the companies listed above are classic policies.

with R H myself but they wont give agreed value unless bus is kept in garage,
increased value of bus with them this year as it was well below replacement value,
dont know if will make any differance in a claim but will hopefully never have to find out,
(but they took a higher premeum for the higher value).
mate checked and quite a few are actually the same company just under differant sellers

aspro said:
SiDev said:

You might struggle there. Most the companies listed above are classic policies.
He said "it's not the daily driver" ;)

I recently got my insurance from Peter Best and on price they thumped the competition and had a very comprehensive policy (including great breakdown cover... ahem).

RH for me been with them for about six years. Our bus is garaged and I currently have an agreed value in place if the bus is a total loss or stolen.

Not bad for £125.00 a year.

I'm with Classic Line - I think...
Basically insured as a daily with to and from work, agreed value, on drive at night, £220 i think. they were the cheapest by far for me.

JK use Adrian Flux by the way, as do VolksWorld and various others.

I'm with RH as well and have been for last few years £100 inc breakdown cover :D

Thanks for all the advice guys, Cherished wanted £191 with breakdown cover, i went with RH who gave me the same cover but for £146. Now a very happy chappy!

Latest posts