Insurance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newhippy

Reaction score
My son has just tried getting his insurance changed for a 80 Golf Cabriolet, a couple of those offering classic car insurance are telling him that they won't insure unless he owns a 'normal' car as well. His Golf isn't used for commuting or work use and he has always had a limited mileage on it, anybody on here had this before? He was trying to insure through Carole Nash, they also told him that they couldn't insure on a normal policy as their details show his reg number comes up as a GTI not a GTL as the reg, documents show. Hope this isn't becoming the norm as I am sure some people on here must just own a classic camper.

Yes, on getting quotes for both vehicle renewals this year I've been told that I must own a non-classic car for everyday use to get cover, and prices have increased by 20%.
Cherished have also said their minimum premium is now £152, £38 more than I was paying last year.

I believe cherished are a lot more flexible on who and what they can insure this year AFAIK have changed ownership or bought out by a bigger broker. which means they can offer insurance to a wider age group and vehicle type classification. you could message them [search for cherished] to get it from the horses mouth. They sponsor a huge chunk of our server costs and have been for many years so deserve a lot of credit from earlybay.com

Latest posts