Interior Flooring Question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stirlingmoz

Reaction score
Just got my Devon back from the welders and have a virgin empty interior at the moment.

Whats the best way to floor it out ?.

My old hardboard floor had rotted badly due to water leaking from perforated rear arches. I think this was the original Devon.

I was thinking of marine ply as a start but what width to use ?.

Do you fill the wells in the ribbed floor with any material ?.

Should I put any sound deadening or insulation underneath ?.

I was thinking of bathroom laminate on top but will this make the floor too deep ?.

Thanks..Stirlingmoz

No matter which way you try it a 4 foot sheet of plywood will not fit, there will need to be a join. So it's a case of planning the layout and deciding where the best place is for the join. Get some of the rook flashing stuff (it's foil covered balck stuff, B&Q sel it) stick that on as sound deadening and lay your floor on top.

doing a floor in one too , using 9mm thick marine ply 8 x 4 sheets , the floor size is 5 wide x 5' 4" to rear with 2 cut outs for the rear wheels arch area , this will be the base for a tiled checkered floor 8) will be using insulation under the wood too 8) now ive just got take out all the interior , cut the boards etc etc :lol:

As said, use marine ply, standard Westy was 9mm, but I couldnt easily get any so used 12mm. I rust bulleted the floor then painted with ankor wax - rust prevention was more important than sound reduction. Then lino on top for easy maintainence.

Latest posts