Introducing a Noob..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOR-BAY

Reaction score
http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/gibsy88/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi all,
I have been browsing this forum for some time now and I thought it was about time I 'shared with the group'. We bought our 'one previous owner' Devon Moonraker as a direct result of browsing EARLYBAY.COM in late 2010. The reason we now have our van is all because of a short trip to Bantham Beach in South Devon (We live not too far away). Our good friends had owned an Early Bay Crossover for a number of years, but I had never appreciated how much enjoyment could be had...we were hooked immediately!

I have a few small jobs left to do...

1. Change the Westy windows for sliders. (Im looking for some)
2. Fit the the original style blaupunkt radio. (with vw embossed knobs) I have one.
3. Finish professionally restoring the rest if the interior.
4. Fit the Devon extractor/ventilator. (needs a new motor)
5. Fit a new roof canvas.. Not looking forward to that one..
and a bundle of other little jobs....

I have the original sales receipt along with a pile of original paper work.. 64k from new!

I do have many more photo's. if anyone would like to see..
Here's to a long hot Summer!
Simon.

IMG_5393.jpg

very nice 8)

TOR-BAY said:
http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/gibsy88/
5. Fit a new roof canvas.. Not looking forward to that one..

Hello Simon,

Welcome to the forum. I've recently renewed the bellows on my Devon pop top and it's really not that bad. There's only one company I know of that have the kit.

If you're interested, take a look over on my topic and on page 10 you'll see how we did it.

Fire me across a PM if you need any help and I'll try find the website for the company I used.

Regards.

Steve.

Thank you for your kind replies.. I Hope top have the whole of the Devon oak interior re-polished in the next few weeks. Ill post some images up as soon as it is done.

The roof is also coming off soon. It a real pain in the arse to be honest with you. The bellows were replaced not long ago but unfortunately the outside roof canvas was not renewed or refitted, so off it comes!

The cab headlining is also going to be professionally renewed, Im taking it to Trimlfixit in Exeter. £220. Dont know if anyone has used them before but they appear to be a professional company.

Thanks for all your comments. I will find some more pictures shortly.

Cheers
Simon

Latest posts