Introducing Mr Brightside's Midlands Makeover............

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proud to be included in the latest David Eccles VW Bus history book. A few others from this forum are also included.
5b58ee32e1a118222cdc7b33d5054fac.jpg

3ef10d05130a23765d8b93d6eab85392.jpg

2fe2a1d5939a03951ba1151bceae096b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate, that's very very very nice. I was going to ask you if the colour is Chianti Red but then I spotted the answer in your photo of the Eccles book. Having a half and half chianti and white bus myself I've been contemplating taking the red up to the roofline and leaving the roof white (and adding some belt line deluxe trim). I think seeing your bus in its' finished state has convinced me that this is the way to go.

Thanks John, I prefer it this way. Chianti seems to change colour in the sunlight.

Hi Mr Brightside

Am new here, and don't have an early bay :-o (Late Bay) but have been searching for info about fitting a Webasto Air Top and came across your thread (gorg bus btw :)

So I've read the install instructions for the Webasto and it says it must be fitted to a level floor "Max. base unevenness around
the seal: 1 mm"

So I wanted to ask if you just mounted it to the ridged floor of your van or if you did something to meet the requirement for a level base around the seal?

Thanks
Darren

Hi Darren.

Thanks for the comments :)

The 1mm flatness spec is to stop the unit twisting when it is bolted down. We used a mounting plate, similar to This One then you can seal this to the floor using a flexible temperature resistant sealant, something like This

Hope that helps

Cheers

G.

Took a trip to west wales for the first time this weekend. Whitesands Bay was great in the sun, if a little windy. Brightside is hiding there somewhere.
f93824e620bbb041dd089684a8d095b1.jpg

Well the excellent weather continues. Ventured down to Freshwater West today, stunning wide absolutely massive sandy bay.

55070538f9a94719e875da100e013a0e.jpg

cb59daeb8db87a75f5caabd16342751a.jpg

Thanks Foz. :).

It's getting used quite a bit, but my son races bikes a lot so it's usually at a bike race rather than a VW festival.

Still loving every bit of it, never ceases to give me a big grin when I take it out.

Mr Brightside said:
Thanks Foz. :).

Still loving every bit of it, never ceases to give me a big grin when I take it out.

I'm not surprised, it's a stunning bus. The red is so beautiful, you and Foz have a pair of very cool buses. More pics please.

Well my wheels had started to show the battle scars of salt from winter use & the lacquer had started to spider in places.

Time to try something a little different, nothing ventured etc etc.

Big thanks to Drew at Midland Paintwerks for a stunning finish.

26bee564d78e059b0c57d48331d7bdba.jpg

Better stock up on wheel cleaner :)

PS apologies for the poor quality phone picture

G.

Marriedblonde said:
Very nice :) Loving this thread.

One thing I cannot decide on for mine is the wheels, running 356 reps at the moment but think I need to do something different.

I know exactly what you mean, I am always on the look out for something slightly different, but not found it yet :(

Mr Brightside said:
Well my wheels had started to show the battle scars of salt from winter use & the lacquer had started to spider in places.

Time to try something a little different, nothing ventured etc etc.

Big thanks to Drew at Midland Paintwerks for a stunning finish.

26bee564d78e059b0c57d48331d7bdba.jpg

Better stock up on wheel cleaner :)

PS apologies for the poor quality phone picture

G.

Hi Graham
Another nice change/development. Take a look at C5 on gtechniq's website. It really works well at protecting new wheels & cleaning is much much easier
David

Latest posts