Introducing Mr Brightside's Midlands Makeover............

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Brightside said:
So a small update on what we have been doing recently.

The engine tinware was starting to look a little tired, so I removed the engine, took the tinware to the boys at MPW, I think it looks great.

Brightside-15.jpg

Brightside-10.jpg

I also shortened the tailpipe of the Vintage speed exhaust as I could not fit the over riders previously as they fouled the tailpipe.

I cut out a section about 100mm, the welded the last part back on, but turned it towards the floor, no more bumper staining for me.

Brightside-11.jpg

Brightside-12.jpg

It still sounds just as quiet !

Cheers

graham
Hi Graham,
Can you tell me where you bought the "ceiling" to the engine bay? The plastic type boards with the holes in them? They look identical the the original ones .

Thanks,

LV

Lordain Volley said:
Hi Graham,
Can you tell me where you bought the "ceiling" to the engine bay? The plastic type boards with the holes in them? They look identical the the original ones .

Thanks,

LV

Its from Rackhams Ipswich, its actually Fire treated plyboard, but looks spot on.

G

Mr Brightside said:
Lordain Volley said:
Hi Graham,

Thanks,

LV

Its from Rackhams Ipswich, its actually Fire treated plyboard, but looks spot on.

G

Graham,
Thank you! I'll get some for my bus. Mr Brightside is so cool looking, what you have done with the engine bay inspired me to sort of do a copy cat... :roll: I had a motor built and got the tineware done in a pastel white as per the bus' stock colour. Your engine bay looks immaculate as does the rest of your bus :D

Your chianti red has a real rich hue to it, a truly outstanding colour and all round wonderful bus.

LV

magoo said:
Mr Brightside said:

Whilst I have my engine out, I'm planning to install one of the Rackhams engine boards. Did you put Dynamat or stuffing etc underneath the wood?
The original stuffing was perfect so I used that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

magoo said:
So what's a good replacement for the stuffing? Is it fibreglass?
I dunno really ;0

It looks like a fibreglass based product, but is more dense & firm if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Poor spelling is the result of fat fingers.

Well that was a interesting drive !

Took the 350 mile trip down to Cornwall for the holidays in the bus (but staying in a cottage), wind, rain, bit of flooding, bring on the festivities ;)

Forecasted to get much worse over the next 24/48 hours, no parking near trees then :0

Whatever you have planned for the holidays, hope it's a good one, that you get what you wish for & not too many Splitty themed gifts, but most importantly, stay safe.

Another question regarding the Rackham's Engine Board. That one you have with the holes is actually for a late bay. I prefer that style also and just wanted to ask if there were any fitting problems and did you have to modify anything? How did you attach it?

Cheers.

magoo said:
Another question regarding the Rackham's Engine Board. That one you have with the holes is actually for a late bay. I prefer that style also and just wanted to ask if there were any fitting problems and did you have to modify anything? How did you attach it?

Cheers.

It was no different from the OG one I removed, it was perhaps a more snug fit, but the design & pattern was the same. It was attached using large headed aluminium pop rivets.

Latest posts