• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

is 4K enough to buy an early bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smudge if ya don`t mind doing a little work on the buy you might be lucky enuff to get one for this price ....hunt hunt hunt till you find one ..we`ll all keep an eye out ...the guys on here are very helpful :wink: :wink:

flynster said:
smudge if ya don`t mind doing a little work on the buy you might be lucky enuff to get one for this price ....hunt hunt hunt till you find one ..we`ll all keep an eye out ...the guys on here are very helpful :wink: :wink:

Cheers Dude..work not a problem..at this price im expecting some!!..import LHD...anything :lol:

mine was a project that needed paint and putting together,i done all the welding and finished underneath and inside and just sold for 3k... they are out there

crosser said:
mine was a project that needed paint and putting together,i done all the welding and finished underneath and inside and just sold for 3k... they are out there
Im running out of places to look!haha..try samba,bugbus,here..local paper!!GRRR!!its always the case..when i have some money to burn theses nowt to buy! :lol:

All i can say is don't panic buy.

Dubs4sale.com is a good site and also use the autotrader web site. An early SO69 sold on the first site a few days back for £4k.

Through experience it may be best to stretch your budget a liitle more if possible as you will often save money in the long term if you have to get work done for you.

Mike

A little more than you may want to pay, but if you don't ask you never know.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=3068

Mike

They are out there I got my 71 deluxe import for £3.5k

all the body / mechs fine just 36 years of dings and parking nudges

Try the kieft and klok boys, there is a link at the top of the forum pages.

They often have early bays for sale at a good price. And they will always email you back with honest replies and as many photos as you want.

Definately worth a look......good luck in your search!

Carole

I have 3 early bays coming in from Austria soon, pretty solid and prices start from £3.5k with MOT. One is a 68 double slider model.

They do exist you just have to look, I got my deluxe for £2300 two years ago, which I thought was a bit much at the time , especially when my previous two buses were pre boom prices!! ( under a grand, oh happy days )

Good luck on your search

they do turn up.. mine although it needs welding work to the chassis, it has only cost me £1100 they do turn up.. just dont rush into buying something. take ur time to enjoy checkin out lots of differnt ones.... go see the ones that take ur fancy the most but remember the 1st one u see is not necessarily the best one to buy!!

Shame you dont fancy a crossover :(

This seems like a givaway.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-T2-Camper-Van-Tax-Exempt_W0QQitemZ270175230503QQihZ017QQcategoryZ27385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i got my 71 devon for £3K at the start of the summer, doesnt need any work but giving it a lick of paint anyway, mint interior and engine is perfect.

So you you can find bargains, still.

thanks for all the replies Guys..ive made a few calls to look at a few so figers crossed i may find one!.If anyone is looking for a late bay £1995 on the Autotrader site..liverpool campervans i think :)

Give volksheaven a call they may well have one and they fly out to the states a couple of times a year on the hunt for busses....as I say I got a cracker from them....

http://volksheaven.co.uk/

best to ring them as they dont put everything on the website,
when I went there the two I was interested in werent on the site in fact the one i bought was hidden in another area of there yard.....

There really helpfull even raised the bus on a forklift so I could have a good look underneath

They had a coupleof well priced splitty projects aswell.

Araon said:
Give volksheaven a call they may well have one and they fly out to the states a couple of times a year on the hunt for busses....as I say I got a cracker from them....

Wayne from volksheaven is currently out in the states for the next 4 or so weeks so if you contact them with your price and spec he may be able to locate something for you.

Mike

Latest posts