Is ebay just littered with feckin baffoons

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Araon

Reaction score
Why didnt I just leave the loft full of all the shit up there it wasnt harming anyone living out its life in quiet solitude......

no instead I thought it would be easy to get shot of and matbe make a few notes :x

Fecking imbesciles :x

just finnished telling a lot of tits that collection only means collection only unless previously arranged my bloods boiling dealing with stupid bloody questions from stupid bloody people

to top it all off you cant even leave bad feedback for buyers :evil: even if they blank you and dont buy the item.

ebay do nothing to warrent taking 10% of everything you sell as the law is loaded on the side of the buyer.

everythings all gravy until they hit you with the bill about two weeks later.

I put in that I will get a postal quote for the successful bidder if it's an item that is bigger than a small parcel.
Of course I still get questions like "How much to post to postcode 6969/"
I just ignore them.

My favourite unlike are the tools that INSIST I WILL PAY MORE IF EVERYTHING IS IN CAPITALS, USUALLY WITH NO FOOKING PUNCTUATION EITHER!

So HOW MUCH TO POST?and do you accept money orders ,for twice as much and you can pay me the difference ,paypal will do nicely... 8)

lazy beggar wrap it up in cotton wool for nice people who don`t want to pay for your wrapping time and material costs and then complain to ebay cos the type2 camper bumper they bought wasn`t the typewriter they wanted so was obviously misdescribed and its your fault so pay up punk :evil: :evil: :evil:
No really i love ebay...think its great http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/vw-classics-parts__W0QQ_armrsZ1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
check it out...

scott wilson said:
lazy beggar wrap it up in cotton wool for nice people who don`t want to pay for your wrapping time and material costs and then complain to ebay cos the type2 camper bumper they bought wasn`t the typewriter they wanted so was obviously misdescribed and its your fault so pay up punk :evil: :evil: :evil:
No really i love ebay...think its great http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/vw-classics-parts__W0QQ_armrsZ1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
check it out...

No one should ever acuse you of charging too much for postage or not making an effort with packaging.......im still trying to get to the door you posted me before christmas :lol: :lol: :lol:

VWclassics = honest description, bargain postage costs, superbly packed ;)

Have been very lucky with the sale of my Sunbeam Alpine and some rare car parts recently, all good buyers, makes up for the loads of dodgy ones over the years.

One buyer just spent a small fortune (in my opinion) and is now quibling over £1 postage difference, so its ended up him stipulating the postage and packing into a less secure envelope to save him 1% of total cost .... TIT ... but £100 notres in my back burner :lol:

Ive just had my second only 'incident' since buying and selling on there.

Sold a phone, winner with zero feedback, wins and then deregisters and then bombards me with spoof Paypal and Ebay emails telling me to post it (to Nigeria) or face expulsion from eBay .... no, biggie, I sold the phone for £2 less to another genuiine bidder, and report each email, but its a pain.

Theres still absolutely no other way of selling random tat so easily and profitably, imo. :)

i rarely trade on there at all anymore due to time wasters and twats. Last week had a guy purchase the item which clearly stated paypal payment only then he wanted me to meet him for the exchange and pay in cash. I drove 40 miles only for him to try and haggle the money down what a twat. Told him to 'eff off.

Filed a non payment to try to recoup the £20 paypal had charged me for the sale and had to relist so all in all i lost about £10 in petrol and listing fee. People are soo bloody stupid on Ebay.

Beware of shill bidders too. I've seen so many items i was just beaten on get relisted and i'll bet the seller was getting his mate to shill the price up for him, its common practice.

Anyway i have an upper limit and use auction sniper to keep the price low for a last minute bid and never ever go over your budget for what YOU think its worth, as it stops the shill bidders doing there thing. Sellers soon get sick of relisting an item their mate bought. There are few and far between bargains on it nowadays anyway. And Ebay take 10% now, bassdrinkers!.

That ebay sniper is a good thing but so many people have it now that you might as well bid what your prepared to pay right from the off and be done with it , if it goes for more then its not a bargain.
I always look for the mispelled or vague ads when im bored. I recently bought a mint set of VW stamped front grille trims that were simply described as 'VW' just curiosly looked at what they were and couldnt believe it, I was one of only a couple of bidders and won them for such a rediculous amount that Im embarassed to print it :oops: My third set! (really should sell some)

One thing that really bothers me is when an overseas bidder tells 'you' how much postage should be or how long before they get it. I always take overseas items to be weighed and priced up first but they still try and tell you otherwise :roll:

Yeah had some nob end telling me the postage was wrong and I should try parcel force and he supplied the link so I duely checked with them and £5 more :lol: i then got some diatride about him working in a sorting office and that the items not worth that.... then the cheeky fecker as it didnt sell being a very paticular item tried getting me to sell it to him for the starting price of 99p and that if he bought a load of other items to pack into it and reduce the overal cost yeah great idea but not to you yer twat.....ah well its getting polished now and being used in the mrs shop....he shat himself as the rest of the items hed bid on in the hope I'd agree sadly he was out bid almost a pity as it would have been good to rub salt in after 13 messages from him :x

We did renovations on our house and and an investment property simultaneously. (closest I've ever come to divorce)
Anyway, I digress. When it was all done we had 2 used cooktops, 3 ovens (1 new one that was bought in haste) a used dishwasher, a stainless kitchen sink and some taps and other plumbing odds and sods. Everything was in working order, just a bit out of date. Sold them all individually, one of used ovens went for 99c. It was to a sole parent and I delivered it about 25km from home just to be nice.
The only thing we had a reserve on was the new oven, everything else started at 99cents. We got blown away by the responses, and it saved me having to get rid of the stuff.

I reckon it's a great way to get rid of tat and people pay something and come and get it.

It is hard to find bargains these days though.

My best buyer happened when i was selling two of my didgeridoos.
one local buyer was bidding on both, he asked if he could come and try them out, when he arrived he got a 'sound 'out of one and promptly offered me £150 for it , (i had bought it for £40),because his value was way over the top, i told him he could have both for £150, to which he replied ....no its ok, i ll just take this one and carry on bidding on the other one!!!!. :lol: ....i was thankful he got outbid at the end!

scott wilson said:
check it out...

300 quid for half a sliding door ,do you put the top half on next week...? :lol:

I cannot imagine what life was like before e bay.... :?:

Latest posts