isn't it fantastic?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holio.cornolio

Reaction score
We've only owned our bay 8 months now, but its enough to restore your faith in human nature! Everyone is so friendly when your in a bus, dubbers and civvies alike, but today I'd like to say a special thanks to the lady who gave me a tow to safety when my accelerator cable snapped on the a12 between aldeburgh and southwold, and then called her husband who talked me through how to fit the spare that a fellow forumite recommended as an essential, carry at all times, spare. I'm welling up just thinking about it now. Bus was back on the road inside the hour. Best thing we ever did buy a bus. Thanks lady, sorry I didn't get your name, I was a bit preoccupied but rest assured that I will pass your good deed on!

Also, its not like I was at the side of the road scratching my head for 20 mins before anyone stopped, it was so instant I thought I must have pulled up on her driveway for a moment.

I`d never thought of that,,,, but what a great idea !! If you`re breaking down and cruising to a halt,,, just gently pull up on someones drive and they`re bound to help you fix it :lol: :lol:
I`ve only had the engine lid up on mine twice and both times it was like flies round a turd with people trying to help :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,It`s flippin great innit :mrgreen:

with the recent spate of inhuman acts it helps prove there are still some genuine and decent people still about....... :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
I`d never thought of that,,,, but what a great idea !! If you`re breaking down and cruising to a halt,,, just gently pull up on someones drive and they`re bound to help you fix it :lol: :lol:
I`ve only had the engine lid up on mine twice and both times it was like flies round a turd with people trying to help :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,It`s flippin great innit :mrgreen:
:lol: well not quite ON the drive, but on the verge outside... And the lady who stopped was just passing, not resident. Turned out she and her husband had just spent 7 years restoring an earlybay, so kindred spirits and all that. It really is good to know that there are plenty of decent people still out there.
Once we were pulled over to safety in a nearby farmyard, a white type 25 passed and gave us a friendly wave, and I'm pretty confident that had we been still roadside, hazards a flashin', they'd have pitched in too. It's a wonderful world I tell ya!

I often feel EB should have a 'like' button :) sorry to fb haters :lol:

We had a fella breakdown 9 miles from our camp out at the weekend and he was rescued by a friend who doesn't own a vw but went anyway (don't be fooled by the bad news the world is full of good people ) however is was a late bay with a sticker on that says 'be a c**t drive an audi' my friend who towed him (at 65 down the motorway) drives an audi :lol:

ofore mentioned late bay is getting a sticker made saying 'attach audi here' for his towing eye out of respect :lol:

Love you all and I am never selling my van! :D

Latest posts