It's bought not brought !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rickyrooo1 said:
Marvel said:
sparkywig said:
To be honest, who gives a fuck?

Surely it's important if it changes the meaning of the sentence?
Grammar saves lives.
I'm hungry, let's eat, Grandma.
I'm hungry! let's eat Grandma.

I helped my uncle jack off his horse.

I helped my uncle Jack off his horse.

:mrgreen:

If I had to be pacific, that would be the one that annoys me the most - its specific.

Saying that I type a lot at work and constantly have to correct my typing as I always put 'teh' instead of 'the'. I know how its spelt correctly but my hands cant keep up with my brain. Mind you I was never the best at England at school either

Bugger, Trikky2, you beat me to it!

I appreciate this thread was started in a light hearted manner, but not everyone is an A* student regards spelling and punctuation. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, it would be arrogant, offensive and bloody rude to ridicule anyone for having a lesser abillity. English was my strongest subject in a very mediocre academic record and it can get embarassing when I'm struggling with what are to others, some very simple mathematical calculations.

What REALLY winds me up is the lazy, sheep-like adoption of the equally lazy 'Americanisms' such as 'Good to go'. And I swear, one day I will swing for someone who when asked 'how are you?' replies with 'I'm good'. The question refers to their wellbeing, not their ability.
From the same source (USA), why are shops refered to as a 'STORE'? A 'STORE' is the place at the back of a 'SHOP' where goods are, erm, 'STORED' until moved into the 'SHOP' where customers, also known as 'SHOPPERS' purchase them. Those customers are not known as 'STORERS' so they are not in a store but a shop!!!! :evil:
Anyhow, I'll step back down off the soapbox and acknowledge that it is a capital offence to start a sentence with the word 'and', despite my having done so several lines above.
Love to all!!! ;)

For me it's the use of 'of' instead of 'have', ie 'you should of', or 'I would of'. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'd swing for them though!

beef said:
For me it's the use of 'of' instead of 'have', ie 'you should of', or 'I would of'. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'd swing for them though!

This one does it annoy me to. :evil:

A point I do agree with is, if you are typing fast and don't realise you have made an error you can sometimes tell in the way it's wrote. What I don't get is people making the effort to use incorrect words and spelling errors.

I thought that this was a forum, a place to chat, not somewhere to be criticised for 'bad' grammar and 'poor' spelling.

Can't we all just chill a little, and enjoy those occasional mistakes rather than police them?

I'd hate to worry about my grammar before saying anything on here... :roll:

Im guilty of all of those things, bad grammer, laziness whtever. Couldnt give a shit personally because i spend all the time wording/pronouncing correctly in my job that its nice to speak how i talk 8) common as fuck but is sweet and loveable :mrgreen:

THE LAST PANZER said:
A point I do agree with is, if you are typing fast and don't realise you have made an error you can sometimes tell in the way it's wrote. What I don't get is people making the effort to use incorrect words and spelling errors.

You mean written.

I hope nobody is taking any of this too seriously, us pedants are just letting off some steam.

beef said:
THE LAST PANZER said:

You mean written.

I hope nobody is taking any of this too seriously, us pedants are just letting off some steam.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Shit :oops:

LOL and that is why we should be ever so careful peeps. :lol:

Latest posts