its johns bus not the TVbus!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
john the horse said:
rob, er well sorta i went for a tea and a go in the porsche bus, that thing flies, ill be lookin to upgrade the motor and was weighin up my options , its still out there at mo but a clue is itll have six not four and that was why i wanted a gt box but goin for a late box now, oh whilst i am at it, is it true that late bay gearboxs for ambulances had a higher 4th gear and if there is a guru amongst us whats the code?

cheers in advance

jth

:D

Hello Matey I asked as balls'ed posted some photos of your bus goin on about some of the work they had just done on it but I like the sound of the 6 have you seen this ?

http://www.kustomcoachwerks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6639" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rob

john the horse said:
Rikki James said:
john the horse said:
Its official then that the bus is no longer the TV bus due to Rikki James callin his by the same name. Hers to Rikki for endin all the probs good man.
:lol:

If I have stolen your thunder by calling my bus the TV bus, my humble apologies fella, spose I could have called it "the Bob Saunder TV repair bus", but thats a bit long winded ;)

Anyway never mind all that.... your bus is AWESOME!! have had a good look at it on numerous occasions and have to say "it rocks"! am loving the twin double bed set up to, very ingenious. enjoy it fella ;)
cheers Rikki call your bus what you like ive had enough of being famous :D i could call my bus " the rusty wreck they built and it was on telly bus in 2009" kinda got a ring to it i think

cheers for the up on the bus good to meet up again think the last time was a drunken blah blah at bug jam
cheers john

Sounds about right :lol: :lol: ;)

thats one sweet bus mate.

who carried out your hydraulic work? how does the bus handle and whats the harshness of the ride like? do you have to jack it right up to get a comfortable ride?

soz for all the q's, but i'm looking into potentially changing suspension setup as outlined in:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NaFe

Update,

Well bought the Motel 6 58 bug From steve and but the rims were a bit rough and though haha they my sprints would look mega on the beetle, can of worms opened in head so then realised if i take the rims off the bus i would have to replace them. The idea was to go OG sprints the worse looking the better and so i did a few calls and thought im not paying a grand for rims them tyres etc even thought they are to cool for school so the bus had no rims and the beetle looked cool on the new shoes.
Old rims on beetle(for sale soon, will need a blasting)
old.jpg

Old bus rims on beetle
motel6.jpg

Biegebay1968 roof huggin
roof.jpg

Sprints on bus
down.jpg

Hsd a rethink an remembered our old 911 rims as it was an 89 it had the centres detailed and thought haha what if get them the same as the roof :D
THIS WAS THE IDEA
Porsche-Fuchs-white-wheel.jpg

I entrusted mr matthew balls as didnt want to run spacers and so late bay redrilled rear hubs and porker front, and no the csp 5 wides have already gone to a good cause
I havent seen the bus in the flesh yet and the rims are not quite finished as got so crested centres to g o on and also a few more wheel nut=s too haha
whitewheels.jpg

CLOSE UP
closeup.jpg

Enjoy joth the so chuffed horsey

Update and future plans ( might get a bit of shit from sum ) haha

Well had to make room in the garage as bought steves 58 beetle and then found mrs horse was pregnant with baby horse and so after a bit of thinking and enjoying the 58 have now sold to a friend in the same villiage for what we paid for it. so no loss at all and still get to roll in it too win/ win, sad to not see it in the garage no more but had a few great times in it so alls good.
Need to make room for the daily, thats the mrs car not the vito( which has a fresh mot believe it or not and the airides fixed) open to offers on that also , super reliable but a bit of a shed, does look cool from a yard or two.)
So the bus has been moved to the smaller side of the garage and probably not cumming out again till next year apart from round the block.

And so as you guys are aware our bus is always evolving and changing every year and so heres the long term plan, and no its never going up for sale again either.

Sign writting the sides and back ready for next year and clear laquer , now i know sum will say thats not right , but we always wanted a sign written bus so thats that, we will run that for a year or two and then the next criminal act will be....

firstly before you read this all sit down.

PAINT!!!, reason being its real pain in the ass to look after and with all the messing about it is very slowly getting worse, not that you would notice unless you see it every day.

Then itll be a 1776 and longer box or silimar for a little torque and reliability for when the baby horse is bigger for easier longer trips , seat belts too.

please understand that we are keeping our bus and want it to last and paint will be the only real option, but not right now.

jth

Fuck the patina crew paint it :mrgreen: it will look sick and last for loads longer!

Just my opinion but I would go for a bigger engine if you want more torque dude, I made that mistake and Im a bit disappointed with my 1776 ;)

Fuch look coolio by the way :D

Beigebay1968 said:
Vito is mine mr horse!!!!!! Thought you wanted some work done ;)

Must have been drunk, you want it you got it, no worries giz a shout, but let me get a replacement first fella.
yeah if you wanna grab them norfolk reds we can trade manual labour for pints.
Wanna swop for a 320d beemer?

john the horse said:

Sign writting the sides and back ready for next year and clear laquer , now i know sum will say thats not right , but we always wanted a sign written bus so thats that, we will run that for a year or two and then the next criminal act will be....

jth

Just a thought......you could buy my panel ;)

Matt Maz said:
john the horse said:

jth

dude i would believe me,but had to sell the beetle for room fella and so filling the space with you bus would kinda defeat the object,
ill buy your sign writing though :msn4:

PS im not going down the whole dont do it route as understand ya reasons.
ill give ya what ya paid for it :msn4:

see ya soon
john

john the horse said:
Matt Maz said:
john the horse said:

jth

dude i would believe me,but had to sell the beetle for room fella and so filling the space with you bus would kinda defeat the object,
ill buy your sign writing though :msn4:

PS im not going down the whole dont do it route as understand ya reasons.
ill give ya what ya paid for it :msn4:

see ya soon
john

I was only joking....I wouldn't want you owning it....you might put white wheels on it :lol: :lol: (Only joking dude - it's looking awesome :D )

Beigebay1968 said:
Lunmar caravan for the Vito!
If i swop the vito for your caravan WTF am i going to tow it with , the vito got the towbar i might be john the horse but i aint lugging a caravan around.
ill have your stereo as down payment.

It's awesome!!!! Fair trade in my eyes ;) pull it with your bus man.....have some imagination dude!

Latest posts