Jalousie Window Inner seal - Who has these fitted in tWesty?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev946

Reaction score
I don't seem to have these in my van. I've bought a new seal kit from C&C for when the windows come out for painting but it doesn't come with these. Should I have them fitted?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Bay-Bus-Westfalia-Louvered-Jalousie-Window-Inner-seal-68-79-T2-camper-combi-/200888191026?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW&hash=item2ec5de8832" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They finish off the window nicely but pricey. Does anyone know alternate suppliers?

Cheers

They are the right price, originals are almost impossible to find and will normally be well over £100 per pair, so, there you go.

Clem said:
They are the right price, originals are almost impossible to find and will normally be well over £100 per pair, so, there you go.

Looks like my wallet will be £70 lighter then...lol

Anyone know where else I can get them?

Cheers

They will be available, I guess, through Schofields or Just Kampers, but theyve only been in production a couple of years - the repros were originally 'created' by Johnny from this forum :D - so I doubt they will be much difference in price.

Clem said:
They will be available, I guess, through Schofields or Just Kampers, but theyve only been in production a couple of years - the repros were originally 'created' by Johnny from this forum :D - so I doubt they will be much difference in price.

Schofields don't list it and JK are out of stock

http://www.justkampers.com/vw-t2-bay-window-parts/t2-bay-body-window-seals-trims-accessories/window-seals/westfalia-louvered-window-seal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like eBay is the only option at the moment.

Have you tried Jonny on here,as said he originally made/had them made,it's where I got mine,but they were around that price,might have been £60 pair but not sure.

I got mine from Scofield's, not sure I totally rate the 'seals' thou tbh, they aren't a seal at all rather a finishing trim imo, I guess they do the job

mike202 said:
I like the JK ones because I preferred the light grey colour. However I had some problems with the corners tearing apart whilst trying to fit them.

JK say out of stock

Black at least matches the rubber seals in the other windows

I have og ones and they are more of a cover and not really a seal! The ones Johny was producing looked a very good match except they were black and the og ones are grey!

the ones i had made were better than the original as the originals were grey because they were made from vinyl which is prone to crack eventually. The ones i had made were top quality rubber should last for at least 20 years plus and were in black.

im trying to find the original link if anyone can find it id be grateful.

I've managed to get hold of 1 grey original, which is vinyl as you say, so now trying to find another grey one.

Cheers
Kev

Latest posts