JOB VACANCY

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Araon said:
Theres an idea I'll park up the coffee van outside, you pay me lots of wonga to keep the brews coming

What I cant do
Weld - unless your after the pigeon shit look
Paint - unless your after the cant be arsed to clean that run look oops and that one oh they'll not see that primer there
Take things apart and put them back together - unless your after the mayhem look in the workshop

What I can do
Snap exhaust studs
muller cheese head screws
bend tinware
burn vinyl
amass a pretty handy collection of spares following engine rebuilds
glue my fingers together
break my digits with the BFH

So when do I start

:lol:

Have you ever been head hunted by a formula 1 team for your engineering skills by any chance? I think you may be Mclarens solution :lol:

Funny you should say that but I did indeed have an interview for F1 as a comms engineer then for some bizarre reason ditched the second phase and went to work for my current employer......they say you should never regret any of your actions but I'm finding it bloody difficult to justify my choice right now

is no-one or anyone they can vouch for remotely intrested????i thought we were in the middle of a recession. Surely its not going to be difficult to fill this position.

i`m deffo interested ,quick learner me!!!
and not only that, i think your a bloomin` nice bloke too..... :lol: :lol:

Not feasable for me to re locate again or we would be talking.....(probably you sense and me bollo*ks, but there you go) :D

You are looking for a very skilled individual Scott, recession or not, most folk who genuinely have the abilities you require will already be working, probably for themselves I would have thought. :?

Araon said:
Can I apply, assuming Grazy can lend me his tools monday to friday :D
dont get his rachet spanners too close to the space heater the the bodies are plastic :shock: not much of a requirement for spanners when fitting carpets i suspect

scott wilson said:
is no-one or anyone they can vouch for remotely intrested????i thought we were in the middle of a recession. Surely its not going to be difficult to fill this position.

Trust me, if lived closer i'd me on your door step waving my cv and toolbox around shouting PICK ME! :lol:

scott wilson said:
Hi Scott, sorry I'm not qualified either :lol: but just to add to your comment above, I'm sure we've all heard the "stories" of 500 people applying for 1 vacancy, I work at a training and conference centre and we have been looking for a cook and general assistants, advertised in job centre and local paper... 2 applicants and still looking !! I just hope you have more luck than we've had :shock:

Unfortunately i think the re-location issue is the main problem, We've been considering moving to cornwall for about 5 years (probably longer) and to be totally honest the area has some of the lowest wages around but some of the highest house prices. :x
Beleive me if i could find a job in cornwall paying remotely what i currently earn then we would be there but think the reality is the cost (and time) 0f re-locating means thats its not a viable option for most people, you ideally want someone who already lives in cornwall :?
I think from the comments that if most of us could then we would help you but..................

I tick all the boxes except paint and would love to move to Cornwall.
Relocating isnt an option unfortunately, mortgage etc...
Im gutted :cry: .
Good luck with finding someone decent for the job.

Rich

Latest posts