Khyam....no longer

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Araon

Reaction score
Shit didnt realise these guys had folded and have a mere handfull of 2010 stock remaining....

bugger was hoping to get one of their quick erects to replace me old Vango tunnel....

anyone recommend any good quality tent manufacturers out there (not outwell bloody things are everywhere) big bastards currently have a 12 person and want something similar size.....

Araon said:
Shit didnt realise these guys had folded and have a mere handfull of 2010 stock remaining....

bugger was hoping to get one of their quick erects to replace me old Vango tunnel....

anyone recommend any good quality tent manufacturers out there (not outwell bloody things are everywhere) big bastards currently have a 12 person and want something similar size.....

That's twice now isn't it?

Somerset are still showing some stock and more due in and their prices have always been competitive Araon

http://www.somersetcamping.co.uk/category/motor-awnings/15/0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0/1

And some here as well

http://www.jrleisure.co.uk/products/khyam-motordome-tourer-tent-new-2010-model/670/

This is the version I bought earlier, cracking small awning

Gone under? that was close - bought a 2010 sleeper online from them a month or so ago and had a couple of tears in it, they were great at returning and sending out a new one so pleased that I managed to get it all sorted before this!

Are you sure? this could be old news just being repeated by those not in the know, there is nothing new on Google about it.

I heard a while back within the last 12 months that Khyam went tittys up, so some of the employees got together & kept the company going, just took delivery today of a Khyam 8 pole wind break 2010 from Somerset camping, so not sure whats going on.

I hope they haven't as they are the best awnings on the market...if so I'm sure someone will buy them out as the product is so good.

I appreciate they are not the cheapest and that may hit sales, but they are very good quality and so clever in the operation that there is no way these should go out of production. I have the smallest awning, 2.5m x 2.5m but it makes all the difference as far as space goes when camping and of primary importance, it is so quick and easy to use.
How can such a good product go tits-up????

i'd like to know the answer to this as was looking at getting the Khyam Driveaway XC Motor Home Awning from somerset

OK so bit more on that it would appear that they did restart the business so anyone with last years model has no comebacks at all and this/next years is running a limited production with a lot of suppliers not happy to deal with them due to large stocks of last years Kyhams they are struggling to sell so if your after a 2009 then theres plenty of bargaining power just watch out as theres non of the legendary support that came with Kyham.

Oh and if you have a wynnster (there other lower cost brand) then no chance go and burn it

Quite a few of the dealers wont handle their stuff, they were lumbered with a lot of unsellable 2009/10 stuff that Khyam wont support anymore. that said if you need some NOS or repairs speak to the dealers apparently they've lots of stock to shift....

I go along with whats been said about khyam Awnings..... no doubt in my mind they are the best when it comes to erecting..... have stopped lots of angry rows because they are SOOOOO easy to put up :D :D

Latest posts