King and Link

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66nige

Reaction score
Any of you guys running a narrowed king and link beam on your bays? im weighing up the pros and cons of lowering with the ride comfort etc.... ive had a run in Grahams french slammer bus and must say i cant fault it, but looks wise i would prefer lower. Theres the old argument about old technology with the k&l but can run lower, then throw into the mix Limebugs almost ready full bespoke air ride front end and theres another solution. Dont mind spending as long as im happy with the result. Any imput welcome please :)

Well, i`m running a stock full width split front beam on my 68. Its early days but i`m quite pleased.

I`ve got flipped splindles and the split beam is narrower by about 1.5 inch anyway. It also drops it another inch just because of where the torsion tubes are located.

Mine all fitted up with no mods needs to anything - gear shuft, steering etc.

I`m running 4J 15 inch beetle steels in this pic with a CSP disc conversion.

I could go way lower than this - but maybe not as much you`re looking for.

This route of using a stock beam and parts was much more cost effective method - probably about 1/3rd of the cost of getting one of the aftermarket options.

This was with 4.5 356 Reps (bad offset!)

IMG_20170917_152238.jpg

And this is with the 4J Beetle steels - i put slightly bigger tyres on here as i prefer the look -

IMG_20171217_094444.jpg

IMG_20171217_094530.jpg

Its weird how a pic works - that last pic makes the 4J wheels look wider than the 356s, but they`re half an inch narrower and a better offset!

Hope that helps! Mike

Transporterhaus 5" narrowed k'n'l beam, T'haus dropped spindles, KYB GR2 shocks, T'haus adjustable springplates. Going down another 40mm when I get the exhaust modified again.
No ride or handling issues.

If you want your bus slammed then king & link is the best route.

My bus with a full Slamwerks front end and springplates, ride is great. I am swapping the beam for a 5” transporterhaus beam though, I want the adjustable caster that he offers

I run a stock width K&L beam with dropped spindles combined with Monroe air shocks on the front to raise & lower the height by 2".
I'm extremely pleased with the result and have driven the bus 1000's of miles with no problems what so ever.

I also have converted to CSP front discs and run pre 64" bus steel wheels with fantastic offset which tucks the wheels in nicely. Additionally i have an OG anti sway bar fitted up front. I did contemplate installing a narrower K&L beam to fit different wheels with a lower offset but changed my mind due to cost etc...and I'm pleased I never did this as all who've been in the bus can't believe the ride quality.

Yep - I've got the same exact setup as you - I use the split anti rollbar aswell :)

So, the king and links seem to be the popular choice for low buses, thanks guys now to source all the bits i'll need. Any more recommendations? :)

Transporthaus will stock everything you’ll need. He’s stuff is the best and it’s reasonable price wise too

Latest posts