Klaxon Horn

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genchy

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a Klaxon horn on thier bus and if so how did they go about it?

I have one from JK, it is a 12v and draws about 3A. Do i need to run it through a relay or can i wire it into the original horn wiring?

I don't want the van to go into meltdown :shock:

Any help apprecited,

Kev :)

Thanks guys, may just wire it in to the orignal then. Was a bit worried, that it would be drawing heavily off the power and overload the wiring.

But as it's tried and tested i will just go on and do it :D

Cheers fellas,

Kev

hey genchy.....go forth and beeep!! loudly! :shock:

Can't wait to get it fitted my standard horn is a bit lame to say the least. I wan't to scare people :lol:

Got to fit the split charge system this week as well, need it for VolksWorld :wink:

Kev

Right, fitted it and have since took it off.

Why you might ask? Well as much as i think it's pretty cool albiet cheesy :wink: the other half says that it is too embarrassing to have as the main horn :shock:

So i have put a different horn on Looooooow tone and am working on wiring the Klaxon via a separate button and possibly a relay, will have to see.

Does sound great though!! :wink:

Kev

dude i got a moo and a klaxon running off seperate buttons all i did was run a live off the fuse box to the button then on to the klaxon then bolt the earth to the chassis with the horn bracket works a treat

So no relay neil? I have to admit i attached mine via the normal horn and it was fine but some have said that it draws too high on the amps and should go via a relay :?

Latest posts