L70X grey hub hubcaps.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveW4130

Reaction score
Bit of a random/long shot this one, I’m looking to paint a set of hubcaps in the correct L70X silver grey colour but the code is not recognised anymore to get some paint mixed up. Does anyone have either a set for sale or have an original one they would be willing to get a paint reading from?

Cheers,
Steve.

I painted mine on my old bus with Rustoleum spray paint, it was a fairly close match.

Iirc it was this stuff.
https://www.diy.com/departments/rust-oleum-mode-steel-grey-gloss-multi-surface-spray-paint-400ml/1715037_BQ.prd

Did you match it on an original? It's been hard to tell in pictures what the correct colour grey is! Some look lighter grey like yours does but then others are darker.

Cheers
Steve

No, I just guessed.

I'm actually about to get the stock wheels on my 68 refurbished (it had a set of 17" Escra alloys on, but I have its original wheels and I like stock) and get a set of Hubcaps powder coated as close to the grey as I can.

It seems nobody knows the equivalent colour nowadays.

However doing some research it looks like RAL 9001 is very close, so that is probably what I'm going to get my hubcaps done in.

Myself and two others have now ordered in some powder from the states that is a very very close match to the original colour. A guy in the states used a good condition, original paint hubcap to test against and found this colour. It appears to be only available in the states so we decided to order some in ourselves.

Latest posts