Leasure Battery.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all.Just got my sound system working in my single cab.Got a proper leasure battery,but went to stanford hall and the battery was flat by the time i got there. :( .Ive been told that the reason for this is because the dynamo does not have the power to charge up the battery as fast as the amp is taking it.Ive also been told to get an alternator put on is an engine out job.Does anyone know another easier way around this??..without having to batteries on the go!! ;)

What are you doing running Spinal taps sound system in an SC for.....

first of all what are you running, second unlikely but hey revert to the first, third how long a run was it and finally are you sure the relays switching

hmm i run two amps and a fairly huge sound system off my leisure battery no probs?

do you have a split charge so you actually charge both batteries whilst you are driving?

yes bud.I have a split charger.Am gonna get a volt meter and see how much power i have... :| .

interesting :?: :? My leisure battery does the same thing??? looking for to your results m8. I cant understand why mine losses it's charge?? and i only run a dvd player for the kids of mine???
Sorry to hijack your thread m8?

i'll let you know when ive sorted mine bud!voltmeter is the first order of business! :idea:

Havent a clue mate.A mate wired it in for me the same way he had it in his split van,and he had no problems at all.am gonna get on his case to check it over. :|

Mate!just seen you got a volt meter!! :D Definately gotta pop round! Pleasssssssssssssssssse let me know a s a p.haha.
Simon

Ive heard of split charge relays on alternators working no prob but arnet dynamos less efficent and produce alot less power?

have just fitted a self switching relay to charge my leisure battery. only running a head unit of it but works and charges fine.also i did an alternator conversion about six months ago. managed it without removing the engine, but it was a bit of a pain.

Hi All,
I had a look at this last weekend for Simon, just thought I would update to let you lot know what I found. The Split Charge relay had been wired in very neatly, but unfortunately, the earth for the relay was missing and also the earth to the Leisure Battery was also missing.
So:
Although the relay would 'see' the switch voltage, there was no earth to complete the circuit and activate the relay. Also if the relay had been activated, there was no earth to the Leisure Battery to complete the charging circuit.
Ten minutes and a bit of cable and all works as advertised. 8)
Simon, hope you dont mind me hijacking your thread to update.
Marcher, if you want to post up a picture of your Split Charge relay, we can have a see if we can work out what is going on.
Cheers
Mark

Latest posts