Leicester MOT place for lowered early bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruth11

Reaction score
Hi All

Hoping someone local can help - we've got our bus on drop spindles and adjustable spring plates and have just had a scooby engine fitted by Fellows Speed... Problem is, with the new engine\exhaust setup, now there's only approx 6cm clearance at the back and our normal MOT places near us won't touch it because it won't go onto their rolling road any more....

Is there anywhere that you can recommend that will MOT our bus without us having to lift up the rear?!

Thanks

Sorry I cant help with the MOT question but get some pics up of the bus!!

Sounds great! And LOWWWW 8)

StuF said:
Sorry I cant help with the MOT question but get some pics up of the bus!!

Sounds great! And LOWWWW 8)

Have to say, engine is really cool. Hubby now bezzes around in it instead of trundling ;)

It's not proper slammed, the clearance issue is because of how low the engine/exhaust now is.

Here's my favourite pic from Download Festival this year, makes it look SLAMMED with the long grass! This is before the new engine went in though.
I just went out to take a photo of it now only to find hubby with the jack under it and he's adjusted the spring plates so it's now got 10cm of clearance. Still need advice on where to take it though as suspect that may still not be enough!

How about Nottingham?? The bloke who runs our local vw club is a tester here at this place and he now must pretty much test most of the Aircooled dubs in notts :lol:

It's in Carlton

http://carlton.weonlymot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It uses a pit and has a descently shallow rolling road so you should be ok, if dubscums jeepers creepers bus used it you should be ok :D

Just robbed this off his thread

6741BE69-477E-4109-907C-58B7DD428235-3687-000001EC66537ABC_zps99619ff7.jpg

Hoping to find somewhere a bit closer as that place is 40 miles away... but if all else fails we'll be giving him a call!

wow, i'm in Leicester also with a blue and white Subaru powered bus on empi fives. I went to city mot s behind the fan club. they use a pit as well.

paul_q said:
wow, i'm in Leicester also with a blue and white Subaru powered bus on empi fives. I went to city mot s behind the fan club. they use a pit as well.

Snap! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the help, we'll call them in the morning!

Latest posts