"Leisure" battery warning/cut out

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonh

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've just fitted Propex and am keen not to flatten the new non-leisure (but still auxilliary) battery I've fitted. What I'd ideally like is a warning sound when it drops below a crucial voltage so I can start the engine and re-charge. And then a cut-out if that sound is ignored.

Anyone know of such a peice of kit?

Cheers

Simon

it is new - thanks very much. good to know my battery is safe then

simon

Thinking back to my electronics A level sure this could be achieved via a simple circuit board with a logic gate / op amp - I'd post on some geeky electronics forum and someone would post a circuit diagram then it's soldering iron time :mrgreen:

Though thankfully it's got a low voltage cut out! Had me excited for a minute there ;)

One thing to mention though, not sure of the voltage given off by an alternator at idle? As if you use a smartcon or similar "smart" split charge it will wait for the voltage to go above a threshold before it charges the leisure battery, usually only achieved on higher revs when driving? Unless you've got a relay setup where I think it charges both as soon as an output is detected from the alternator - just a thought?

Latest posts