Lets see your interior lights.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89Rallye

Reaction score
I've got a couple if weeks before my van goes off for paint and I'm trying to plan as much as I can in readiness for its return.

So I've got a essential & required parts list that's growing fast, and a plan of attack on its return.

First job up, fitting the roof insulation and headlining.

Before that though I wanted to run the necessary wiring into the roof space for the lights and possibly DVD player (the other half wants one but I'm not convinced)

At the moment I'm pretty sure there will be a rear overhead locker/cupboard which will have probably some down lights, front spots and maybe even a reading light (although this will probably go on the side of the wardrobe)

So lets see your interior lights, I know there are hundreds of options but what works best with a standard full length headliner?

No one? Usually people are q'ing up to post on these "show me your..." Posts.

I know it'll be marmite but I'm also thinking of putting in a modern overhead light unit complete with door/map lights, night lights and sun glasses case etc

Need to make my mind up now before paint in case I have to weld some brackets into the roof.

I don't have anything special. Just the stock light, but I did run wiring over to the slider door while I had the roof paneling out.

e93d6bd2.jpg

I did that so I could install this.

6b2994d4.jpg

Now I can turn on the light from the slider door. :D

5555e340.jpg

justcruzin said:
I don't have anything special. Just the stock light, but I did run wiring over to the slider door while I had the roof paneling out.

e93d6bd2.jpg

I did that so I could install this.

6b2994d4.jpg

Now I can turn on the light from the slider door. :D

5555e340.jpg

Nice idea, I was thinking of putting a switch on the sliding door (for alarm more than anything else) but that works just as easy.

Hi,

I updated my original westy light to x3 48 SMD LED panels.

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

The led's are a whiter white than the bulbs, which are 10W each, 30W total load, the leds are much less, probably only 5 watts max for the lot.

Cheers!

Alistair

89Rallye said:
V nice, easy with a westy roof though.

What's the options with a standard pvc perforated deluxe headliner.

Random thought - you could run 4 led strips/tapes front to back on underside of the roof pointing down and let the light come through the holes in the headliner?

Is it for ambient light or main light?

I know it's a late but it's the same inside - well probably not.... it's a westy berlin, i removed the original strip light and had all new wood cut for the sides then fitted 3 12v led circles and also rewired the interior door light to the leisure battery too.
5614aed0-0a3c-4245.jpg

5614aed0-0a26-38a8.jpg

5614aed0-0a31-0294.jpg

lard said:
89Rallye said:
V nice, easy with a westy roof though.

What's the options with a standard pvc perforated deluxe headliner.

Random thought - you could run 4 led strips/tapes front to back on underside of the roof pointing down and let the light come through the holes in the headliner?

Is it for ambient light or main light?

Bit of both really, literally still at the design stage so just wanted to see the options available.

I'm still unsure on my cupboard layout too so it's completely open to suggestion 8)

But I don't want a ply head liner, going back to a standard one (although it might be mohair yet, depending on price)

I've also put LED's (though they are natural light rather than white) in my westy fitting - I need to look at wiring as my main light still comes from the main battery - this is an LED strip that goes here:

DSC_0030.jpg

I've also got a LED downlight under the dash:

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Lights up pretty well inside:

DSC_0028.jpg

For ambient / night lighting I have floor level LED tapes and they are all RGB for colour changing (with a remote which is fun!)

d049e0eb.jpg

082b7966.jpg

The one by the door is facing outwards so reflects back inside with the door closed (with minimal glare) but lights up my awning nicely at night

Should a westy only have one light in the back then? Mine came with two which is handy to have by the slider. Tempted by those strip lights to give a bit extra. Might look to get some around the hinge area as a reading light.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts