Levers for heater/air vents in 1970 bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTF

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know where I can find some basic advice on how the heating/vent system is supposed to work in an early bay? I've got two sets of levers in the dash. Are those for front and back? Left and right? I'm puzzled. (I've tried fiddling with them a bit while driving and the air DOES seem to change a bit...but I can't be sure.)

Many thanks.

Pete

The blue levers adjust fresh air coming in from the front, on EB's each blue lever seperately opens a flap each, left for left, right for right.

The red levers, if memory serves! one adjusts the amount of hot air allowed to pass into the heating system, the other alters it direction, either to the front or to the back via the vent under the walkthrough...only I can't remember which lever does what, I think the right lever does the direction???

Clear as mud? :lol:

:)

moler said:
The red levers, if memory serves! one adjusts the amount of hot air allowed to pass into the heating system, the other alters it direction, either to the front or to the back via the vent under the walkthrough...only I can't remember which lever does what, I think the right lever does the direction???

Clear as mud? :lol:

:)

Red levers open heat exchanger flaps left for left, right for right. molers description above is correct for late bays I believe. ;)

Thanks. So I can assume that levers all the way down should be "off" and all the way up should be "on," right? I will try this. Unseasonably chilly here today. Heat levers up!

PTF said:
Thanks. So I can assume that levers all the way down should be "off" and all the way up should be "on," right? I will try this. Unseasonably chilly here today. Heat levers up!

Mines definately down for on! :?

Latest posts