lost the mojo

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aircooledkatie

Reaction score
Hia, had our westy 4 years now, just done an engine rebuild all good. But really lost our vw thing ,not from mechanicals as wife a good mechanic so cost nothing really., just fed up of same ole same. Do others get this? We have 2 beetles and the van, but between them 100 miles max. We're going to store them all as better investments than isa's! Didn't think this day would ever happen..shame though I love owning them but!!! Had more fun in her mx5 at £800.

aircooledkatie said:
Hia, had our westy 4 years now...but...100 miles max.

Like anything that isn't used, it isn't enjoyed for what it is. Get out and drive it. If you still feel fed up, move it on. :(

We have just as much fun meeting up with friends at a campsite for a weekend than at a specially organised event/show
Without these social events and parties I am sure our solitary trips would dry up and we may find ourselves in the same position as yourselves

Get out in your bus and come and say hello to some of the crazies that go to some of the shows - the earlybay camping lot are a friendly bunch and a great laugh
Maybe you will rekindle your passion with the bus and make some good friends? :D

Hia. Sorry I miss lead 100 miles this year's mot. Uptill then 10k all over and loving it. Just this year maybe.

Take a break, don´t sell if not necessary. Visit other shows then purely bus or VW shows. Meet new people, find something new in the whole thing..

Are you just bored of the VW scene? If thats the case then just use the van for your own thing. Day trips, picnics, weekend campovers or a road trip , whatever takes your fancy. I think going to too many shows can be a bit repetitive.

As has been said though, if you have space and dont need the money, lay them up and see how you feel in six months or a year.

AND !!!!! Don`t forget that the Earlies have been about for fifty years next year, so I`ll expect you at the EarlyBay camp out, not a show but some weirdo peeps wombling about in a field parking next to other Earlies etc, oh and maybe having a beveridge or two, and :shock: maybe some barbequed pizza :shock: :roll: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I know :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

It was my daughter that spurred my mojo back. Had the van 18 years now and got fed up with the VW scene being people spending fortunes on a bus, showing it and winning everything, then selling it a year later. Anyway, her prom has got me back into action.

It's weird the feeling etc just went, we have an 11 year old so I better hang on to it for the prom do !! Going to try some vintage/hot rod shows, change of scenery.

Must admit I've always wondered why the VW 'scene' seems to separate itself from the rest of the classic car world... I love local shows as I'm into old cars - not just old vw's...

...but more than that, we bought it to use for our purposes, family days out etc - not for the purposes of what the rest of the 'scene' would expect us to do with it...

We've just got back from a fantastic VW show , there were loads of VWs (obviously) but also loads of American stuff & thousands of weird pedal bikes!!!!

Check out Volkspower 2017 if you want to try a bit of a different show!!!!

Clem said:
Are you just bored of the VW scene? If thats the case then just use the van for your own thing. Day trips, picnics, weekend campovers or a road trip , whatever takes your fancy. I think going to too many shows can be a bit repetitive.

As has been said though, if you have space and dont need the money, lay them up and see how you feel in six months or a year.

Defo this, use it as a camper, go away in it to loads of other stuff, shows are mostly shit now and the same ol same ol. Use it as a cheap hotel, which is what i do. Go abroad in it, its cheap as chips on the ferry and you can have a nice holiday to rekindle the love. :mrgreen:

Your right, we live near Hull so weighing up overnighting to Holland on the ferry then France this summer, done it a couple of years ago but by driving to Dover, may miss that journey out. The shows need more than second hand stuff and vw themed Woodburners to warrant the weekend ticket , which ironically no fkin woodburners allowed,!! They seem to have lost the chill appeal for us now. Anyway mustn't crumble xx

aircooledkatie said:
Your right, we live near Hull so weighing up overnighting to Holland on the ferry then France this summer, done it a couple of years ago but by driving to Dover, may miss that journey out. The shows need more than second hand stuff and vw themed Woodburners to warrant the weekend ticket , which ironically no fkin woodburners allowed,!! They seem to have lost the chill appeal for us now. Anyway mustn't crumble xx

Yup shows on the whole suck, the T4 & T5 crew have ruined it by miles, different crowd now and the days of a relaxed shows seemed to be over im afraid. I go to other tyupes of shows, low key music festivals, other sorts of car shows, vintage shows which are all about the awesome event, with good music, food and no pricks doing burn outs or banging techno at 3 in the morning! Camping and discovering is what owning a bus is all about, get out there, go somewhere new, try wild camping its awesome! no campsite, just find a nice place, with a great view, rock up n camp. Perfect! :mrgreen:

Does it have anything to do with where you live? If you're in a town/city where it's parked in a garage and waiting to be used to get away to the coast/shows/countryside parks/etc. Maybe it's because the VWs sit and wait and today's hectic work style means fewer moments to enjoy. Then planning to get everything together and book somewhere. I'm lucky to live on the West Wales coast. I used mine as my only daily transport. So, it was a natural everyday of the year. Drove it to work every shift. Then, on days off it went to the beach (which probably ruined it!! The reason I'm having the old girl rebuilt/renovated!) or to the local countryside sites. No planning needed. Just jump in and go with small necessities in an old seamans trunk quickly slung in the back. I suppose I'm trying to say it became my best mate. And rocking up, parking and putting the kettle on meant you'd always have a conversation with someone. They're a bit of a conversation starter aren't they? I've met some really interesting people over the years. But you can always go and find isolated spots where you can escape from the pressures. Solitude in a dub is priceless. It's like a day of your own personal 'Vision Quest'. ✌️

Edit. Just found this about vision quest. Maybe a way to get your mojo back.☯️

The vision quest continues to be a powerful way for adolescents as well as adults to acknowledge, mourn, release, welcome, and celebrate important life transitions of any kind, such as actual or symbolic births and deaths, career changes, divorce, marriage, menopause, birthdays, successes and achievements, children leaving home, recovery from addiction, etc. A vision quest can also be a deeply cathartic way to get away from it all and recharge your batteries!

Latest posts