Lowered Ball Joint Beam with Red9 coilover conversion

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CF10

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice about my lowering setup.

Around this time last year I installed the red9 coilover conversion kit (4-5.5 inch drop), at the time I installed new ball joints as they were shot.

Over the last few weeks some squeaking has developed at the front end. Upon inspection, the ball joints on top each side are shot again already.

Obviously my lowering the bus has put extra stress on the ball joints, but still less than a year and they've gone out again is seriously quick.

Anyone one here had similar issues with the red9 kit? What's the thinking on here for best setup, stock height really isn't my cup of tea, but if I have to change the ball joints each year it may go that way.

Any comments or advice welcome!

Thanks,

Conor

I have just fitted the red9 ez rider kit and have been running for about 2 months just come back from cornwall about a 700 mile round trip and have had no problems!!!
have you got any other type of lowering on the beam like dropped spindles etc?
cheers Shaun

Are you running flipped spindles?

If not, the chances are that the ball joints may be regularly bottoming out, which will destroy them pretty quickly.

Latest posts