Lowered Bus: what front shocks ???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnS

Reaction score
OK, I know this is a perennial question but bear with me...My bus is moderately lowered and runs 185-65-15s both front and rear. I've experimented for the last year or so with a cheaper front shock option when I replaced the standard shocks with Cofap beetle rears. I also hammered up the lip inside the front arch to prevent the tyre fouling on the arch when cornering. There was a slight improvement but the front tyre still farts on the wheel arch far too frequently for my liking. Part of the problem is that most of the roads up our way are like cart tracks but I'd like to stiffen up the front end anyway. I'd also prefer to retain the 185-65-15s as they retain the standard rolling diameter thus keeping the speedo accurate. So for those of you out there with moderately lowered buses please give me some guidelines as to what shock/tyre combos you're all using - some pics to illustrate would be welcome.

My old bus (now owned by Frank in Glasgow) was fairly low running 195x50's (i think)

The front shockers are Fiat Tipo rears, believe it or not :shock: a few buses round here are running them and they're sweet. Stopped the tyres hitting the arches and gives a good ride. Cheap too, which is a bonus.

Only downside is the top holes are slightly too small so you have to drill them out a tad.

Ask Frank what he thinks of the ride (he's Gambit67 on the West of Scotland forum)

hello mate, check out this thread.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=1660

8)

Latest posts