lowered pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark__gti

Reaction score
hey, im going to be lowering my camper soon and im not sure how much to lower the rear by? im going to lower the front on beam adjusters,
can you post pics up of your lowered bay and tell me how much you've lowered it by (how many splines on the rear?)
cheers

Dropped one spline at the rear, 3" at the front, adjustors fitted to the beam.

Nothing in the interior at all in these shots except the drivers' seat and a steering wheel...

DSCN2330.jpg

DSCN2334.jpg

Interior in here:

DSCN2901.jpg

Personally I wouldn't drop it any more than that, unless you plan on never having an interior or passengers in it.....:roll:

And if you live anywhere near London or Brighton which are both completely overrun with speed bumps I definately wouldn't go any lower.... :lol:

Remember if rotating the splines you can fine tweek it by manipulating the inner and outer splines thereby getting the height to suit your ride and compensate for any rear sag.....

I like the adjustable spring plates :D ...

or the boomerangs ..

beam adjusters on the front, 2 splines at the rear

GYbay004.jpg

used to be 3 splines at the rear, butkept nocking off my exhaust header on bumpy roads.......lol

DSCF0567.jpg

Weirdly Mr Slammed resto, mine is only two splines at the rear and sits lower than yours on three splines. :?:

Mine's about 5 inches at the front on adjusters, and speed bumps are no problem whatsoever.

01122007571.jpg

Olson said:
Weirdly Mr Slammed resto, mine is only two splines at the rear and sits lower than yours on three splines. :?:

Mine's about 5 inches at the front on adjusters, and speed bumps are no problem whatsoever.

not too sure if the last pic was taken at 3 splines, but with a mondo rear box it kept getting caught on a raised kerb/speed bump. My was running 185/65 15, is yours on 14" steels??

put mine back to 2 splines as it kept knocking my header pipes off :lol:

Thanks! 8)

Yeah, two splines and 185/65/14 tyres and 14 steels.

And cool bus sir! :lol:

so how much does 1 spline lower it by?
this is my van im lowering what would you recomend?
i dont want the exhaust to be hitting every speedbump i go over
Picture181.jpg

so how many inches/cm would you say a spline will bring it down?
(sorry for asking soo many questions, its because im paying someone else to lower it for me and i dont want to lower it by one get it back and then it look the same or lower it by two and be touching the floor)

mark__gti said:
so how many inches/cm would you say a spline will bring it down?
(sorry for asking soo many questions, its because im paying someone else to lower it for me and i dont want to lower it by one get it back and then it look the same or lower it by two and be touching the floor)

2 should be the safe bet i would say

im sure other will have more experience than me

how low would you say the green camper is at the rear on this link http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=344958&page=10 the third one down? as that the sort of height im looking for

mark__gti said:
how low would you say the green camper is at the rear on this link http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=344958&page=10 the third one down? as that the sort of height im looking for

I'd say one turn at the rear.
Looks lower as the white walls take the eye of the black tyre tread. I'm saying 1 turn going from the wheel rim to the bodywork.

Also you may what to check out the following link.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=4002&highlight=

100_2098.jpg

Fixed front adjustment and one spline at the rear. Just enough to tidy things up and remian practical - without spending too much dosh ;)

Latest posts