Lowering Advise

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CornishSilver

Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping someone has the answer for me here. I was going to stay stock but I have just found out that I can't get to one of my favourite beach park ups because I'm a cm to high!! I have 15'' splitty rims, csp disks upfront and drums on the rear and stock suspension. Am I right in thinking that I could just get 2.5'' dropped spindles, bolt them on and job done? I know that my track width would increase by 1cm per side, is that all there is to consider?

Dropped spindles will do the front but you would need to lower the rear as well. Horseshoe plates are easily fitted for a fixed drop, otherwise you would have to lower on the torsion bar splines instead which is far more time consuming. I wish i had used the horseshoe plates as if i wanted to fit them now i will have to mess with the spring plates/splines again. You can get them for around £60ish and its an easy job to fit them and you retain original shocks and suspension travel so easy to change rear wheels when needed. Also if you ever want to go back to stock you can.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

DubBGood2Me said:
If it's only a cm you need, what about changing your tyres to a lower profile???
No thats not an option although a fair suggestion, I love the whole 4x4 thing I have going on and they are brand new

If it's one car park how about letting the air out of your tyres? Nice and cheap solution and you get to your cool off road look

Robcod said:
If it's one car park how about letting the air out of your tyres? Nice and cheap solution and you get to your cool off road look
Something else I've considered Rob and may well do tbh, along with getting a load of tourist to jump in while I go under :lol: I am going there today with a rake 1st as it's a sandy entrance and see how I get on. I will post a picture later of me stuck half way!!

CornishSilver said:
Robcod said:
I am going there today with a rake 1st as it's a sandy entrance and see how I get on. I will post a picture later of me stuck half way!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guys someone beat me to it, I cleared it with 2cm to spare I reckon, although I took my measurements without my great weight in the front seat so that may have given me a cm of drop, lol

No, I nipped down there from Norfolk and dug it lower earlier this morning just so you wouldn't ruin your stance. I'm good like that.

haha true gent, I owe you one ;) There were quite a lots of various vans there that had more height than me so they must have gone to work on it before my arrival

Latest posts