MEB steering box conversion

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PIEMAN

Reaction score
I've recently had a latebay steering box conversion on my bus carried out by Graham at Midland Early Bay and can honestly say the difference is amazing. It has cured my wandering steering which had become a nightmare on motorway journeys and the play in my steering is now minimal. Graham is a true enthusiast and kept me informed and posted pics of his work. If anyone is thinking about getting this done I would say do it as you won't regret it. For me it was the most cost effective way of curing the problem and I can highly recommend Graham's work as I also had one of Buttys Bits throttle linkages fitted at the same time which was all sorted by Graham for me.
And it all came about through this forum 8)
Big thumbs up from me.
Cheers Graham :D

Great news Pieman. I was not aware that Midland Early Bay supplied a kit for the late bay steering box. I recall a post from Stuart at Midland Paintwerks explaining how he had added a late bay steering box to his bus. I am guessing it is the same conversion?
Maybe something for me to consider in the future

All info here
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=57377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cookieson said:
Great news Pieman. I was not aware that Midland Early Bay supplied a kit for the late bay steering box. I recall a post from Stuart at Midland Paintwerks explaining how he had added a late bay steering box to his bus. I am guessing it is the same conversion?
Maybe something for me to consider in the future

he doesnt do a kit as yet. but the drive in drive out service is very attractive. shame its so far away.

ill be having a go at the conversion myself as i cant get up there

Just a follow up. I've just completed the conversion myself. By time I bought the box lube gotna new nut done all the cutting and welding I am not far off what Mr g charges. Not to mention the time taken and its not as simple as expected conclusion the service offered is a bargain if you are considering it give it over to meb

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts