Middle and Rear Quarterlight Windows.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baycan

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Ok, am going to fit the quarterlight side (middle and rear) windows to my bus which currently has the standard flap type windows in the middle and full glass in the rear side windows. I have the 3/4 glasses and 4 of the quarterlights. I've read the tech thread on this issue which says that the C&C seals are the way to go.

Just wanted to check, before I start pulling out the existing windows, that I have all the parts I need? Is there any kind of support bar that goes between the quarterlight unit and the 3/4 glass to keep the quarterlight window from falling out? Or is there any other magic 'unavailable' widget that I am going to need to complete the job?

Thanks

Jon
Cardiff

Jon - the support bar is part of the 1/4 light unit (it is riveted top and bottom to the 1/4 light outer frame). This support bat has extended "tabs" that need to be slotted in the cutouts in the window aperture so that they end up on the inside of the aperture. The front edge of the 1/4 light frame also has 2 tabs (though these are a bit more flimsy than the support bar ones) that need to end up on the inside of the window aperture also.

Hope this helps :)

defo a two man job, and get the quarter in as far as possible before you start with the 3/4. a can of silicon spray from a good hardware shop will also help, but don't get it everywhere or you'll never hold anything

Latest posts