Midlandpaintwerks westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midlandpaintwerks

Reaction score
Here's some updates we did to my westy last summer.
Old engine out

Ready for paint

Painted the tank cover

Drew laid down some pearl white L87

New 6 rib gearbox courtesty from Leon off here.

New 1776 engine.

New engine going in

We modified the engine bar for the fullflow.

We made these heat deflectors from leons old tintop panel, to attach to the engine tin and j tubes to aid engine cooling .

This is how they look fitted up.

Then we made a air scoop, again from the metal Leon cut out of his tintop to fit a westy roof.

Fitted up and connected to a sandwhich plate , but like trikky2 off here says a proper sorted engine with all the right tinware in place shouldn't need one, This has made no difference to the cooling.

All finished

Fist outing with the new engine, Deva Dubs

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Midlandpaintwerks/144882895669437" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is that the stuartrx7 bus? Freakin love that van. 8) Saw it tatton park years ago and it was the reason I bought an early westy. So so cool. 8)

Heebee_GB said:
Is that the stuartrx7 bus? Freakin love that van. 8) Saw it tatton park years ago and it was the reason I bought an early westy. So so cool. 8)
Yes , i am stuart the dad and dogsbody of Drew who runs midlandpaintwerks, i have to twist his arm to paint my own stuff , Thanks

midlandpaintwerks said:
Heebee_GB said:
Yes , i am stuart the dad and dogsbody of Drew who runs midlandpaintwerks, i have to twist his arm to paint my own stuff , Thanks

Haha. Didn't know the link to Midland! Makes sense now. Your bus rocks mate, and as I said that chat with you and your mrs at Tatton put me onto here and the Earlybay highway. Cheers Stu.
:D

Gary.

midlandpaintwerks said:
Here.s some of the air suspension. sitting low.

I agree with HeeBee. I have always loved this van and think the stance is spot on. I love the fact that it sits nice and level. Great bus!!!!

One quick question, Is it drivable when the suspension is all the way down?

Very very nice your son is certainly very talented, I have been following hi FB page.
What air ride set up do you have ?
Cheers
Sam

Hippies have there uses then? Has Leon got any van left? Seems most of it is on your bus.

midlandpaintwerks said:
Heebee_GB said:
You sound hard done to Stuart!!

Looking perfect as usual.

squareweave said:
midlandpaintwerks said:
Here.s some of the air suspension. sitting low.

I agree with HeeBee. I have always loved this van and think the stance is spot on. I love the fact that it sits nice and level. Great bus!!!!

One quick question, Is it drivable when the suspension is all the way down?
It drives like this all the time , i only use the air to get over objects. With no air in the system, it still retains everything , leaves , shocks so it drives like any other king & link slammed bus.

sjhjoinery said:
midlandpaintwerks said:
Heebee_GB said:
You sound hard done to Stuart!!

Looking perfect as usual.
Scott He won't let me work on my other prodjects. so you could say i am hard done to.
Stuart

Love your westy ;) ;) ;) Can you tell me how the bags on the rear on top are mounted or do you have some photo’s?

Thanks, greetings from Holland, mycha

mychatype3 said:
Love your westy ;) ;) ;) Can you tell me how the bags on the rear on top are mounted or do you have some photo’s?

Thanks, greetings from Holland, mycha
Hi Mychatype Like wise love your bus and great engineering skills, i dont have any pics of the top mountings , the plates are longer than the bottom ones as they are both welded to the upper part of the chassis, they also have a H frame that connects the 2 together ,if that makes sense.
Stuart

Latest posts