Misfire but not electrical

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busboy1971

Reaction score
Hello again,
Some more stupid questions for you. My van has a misfire on cylinder 1, i have replaced all electrical aspects. going to run a compression test tomorrow as it looks like maybe a valve gone. Had the rocker cover off and adjusted the tappets as the manifold was not getting hot, that seems to have sorted something as the manifold gets hotter now.
Basically i'm just wondering if anything else can be done before it has to go to the garage.

HELP!!

Thanks

Mark

Its a completely stock engine, 1.6 with alternator conversion. I am going to carry out compression test tonight, which will then tell me if its a valve.

Mine had a misfire, and I found a huge chunk out of a valve on #3.

Fingers crossed your one won't be that, it's taken me 5 days to get all the parts and fix it all, which is too much for a 'daily driver' to be off the road :?

No pressure on cylinder 1, engine nearly stripped down, managed to buy 2 cylinder heads from ebay £65, stripping down and replacing everything. All being well this will cure all issues. The next thing is electronic ignition. Best make?

Cheers

Latest posts