Missaligned top n bottom pulleys

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
Evning all.

Basicly my engine is close to being finnished after a total build. Ive noticed the dynamo pulley isnt in line with the crank pulley since i fitted the belt on. The dynamo pulley sits about 2-4mm back (ie away from the flywheel end) from the crank pulley if that makes sense? and sideways on its noticeable. Doesnt look to bad to be honest and i cant see that it would chuck its belt. Just wonderd if this was normal or not???
Ive had all the fanhousing etc off and removed the dynamo and refitted it all with no obvious mistakes made.
Is this normal.
Endfloat fine etc etc just wonderd as the belt doesnt fit dead verticle.

Cheers

Rich

They should line up correctly dude or I am sure you will put pressure on the belt and bearings before long.

Just undo the Dynamo securing strap and pull the fan housing forward a bit, make sure the fan still spins though eh??

who? said:
They should line up correctly dude or I am sure you will put pressure on the belt and bearings before long.

Just undo the Dynamo securing strap and pull the fan housing forward a bit, make sure the fan still spins though eh??

Who. The dynamo would need pushing into the fan housing to get it to line up.
Even undone the cylinder cover screws to see if i could shift the whole fan housing back.

Sparklywig. Nothing behind the pulley, just dynamo mate.

sparkywig said:
Just thinking out loud here, but is the dynamo backing plate on the right way round? Can't remember if it's an inny or an outy.

Its dead flat :mrgreen: .
Gonna have a play friday evning to see if i can solve it.

Cheers

Rich

Aha, I knew I wasn't going stupid. :lol:

003-4.jpg

It's dished about 4-5mm.

Latest posts