• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Montana Red Sunroof Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petegee56

Reaction score
Up for sale is my 1969 Montana red Sunroof Deluxe. I have owned it for the last three years and done loads to it but its time for a change and it’s an opportunity for some one to own a much sorted van that’s ready to go. Need nothing doing to it, no welding required, will have 12 months MOT

Bodywork.

Montana red over cloud white, paintwork taken back to the original paint after a dodgy blow over in America. Lots of dents and bumps, some filler where dents were filled before the blow over. Loads of character just how I like it. No rot. Sunroof is fully functioning and is great when the sun is out and you’re parked up.

Wheels and Suspension

Lowered with 2 inch narrowed link pin front end, and adjustable spring plates in the rear. Evils bens front tubs and notches with slamwerks rear notches. Engine and box raised. Monroe air shocks on the front. Very low and drives great. Has BBT Chrome sprints.

Engine gear box

2 year old 1955 motor build by Laurie Pettit. Scat c35 Cam and stock heads which have had some light work. Twin 40 Dellortos which have been set up on a rolling road. 107 BHP at the flywheel 85 at the wheels.

This is coupled to a 091 two litre gearbox from a late bay so got great cruising speed and enough power never to have to worry about hills, built to be a motorway cruiser. Never had a problem with the engine bar when a clip broke on the rocker shaft now has bolt up rocker shafts. Done about 4000 miles.

Interior.

Complete Westy Campmobile interior, with wardrobe, 3/4bed sink unit, buddy seat, overhead locker, table. ¾ bed recovered with new mustard yellow covers. Front seats and door cards recovered in grey vinyl for classic original look.

Only bad points I can think of are the Speedo does not work and one sunroof drain hole is blocked so a plastic pipes has been set up to drain the water.

It’s a great van, there aren’t many lower out there and certainly not many with this spec and a sunroof to boot. Awesome van ready to rock and roll for many years to come. You could not build one for this price, not even close.

[email protected]

12 months MOT, passed no problems, also forgot to add, CSP disk brakes and one key fits all door locks, wont find a bus this spec this price anywhere else

Pete

You off to the dark side then Pete :msn4:

Best get to the sperm bank and start saving instead of selling that beauty

Mark

Yep time to try something else. I can promise you you won't find a bus this spec cheaper than this

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts