Moonraker interier

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenney

Reaction score
We are trying to get Jenny (1971 moonraker) as origional as possible, please can anyone tell us if they are supposed to have the spare tyre on the front, or in the back of the van?. Can anyone tell us how the interier is layed out as we not sure what is missing. :mrgreen:

Had a browse through Devon Moonraker brochures. Couldn't see any with the spare on the nose but could make out the spare in the back with the hard plastic cover
http://www.devonmoonraker.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Johnnies your man to speak to but the early bay thread has a brochure showing the spare on the rear, other brochures show it in the rear stowage the price list and options list talk of a roof mounted option....

I suspect the one you have on the nose is a later edition....

Thanks for that, ours seems to have both will prob stick with the one in back and get badge on front. :mrgreen:

My Aug 71 Moonraker came with the wheel on the front from the sidmouth factory, due to the optional second rear cupboard which took up the stowage space for the spare wheel. So i have two vertical cupboards one on either side of the bus (no space for a spare inside)

The wheel was fitted on the front by Devon as i had the good fortune to talk to the original owner and this was how he ordered it.

Peggy01.jpg

I would guess you would be given the choice depending on your conversion and any optional extras you ordered with it.

I have a space saver as im running cookie cutter alloys (porsche pattern), but ill be modifying my roof rack like this to carry a full spare on longer journeys...

ebrack02.jpg

ebrack01.jpg

ill be fitting a chrome badge as i like a nice clean look on the front.

Latest posts