More engine queries please.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gas1man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
Started Boris up no problem. Left him to warm up then brought the rev's down.
Left bus to idle for about 10 to 15 min's. Sudden engine stop. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Major panic, start again and idles no problem. 5 min's goes by engine stop. :shock: :shock:

The thing about this is , when it stops it does not even cough splutter nothing. Loads of fuel.
Total dead stop. It's as if there was suddenly no battery in the vehicle for power??????????
Starts again no problem and will idle. Electronic ignition. Blue coil.
Anybody had similar, or any suggestions?????????

THanks
J & P
:D :D :D

My guess would be the choke is still activated when you leave the van to idle , leading to sooted plugs and the engine dying .
Don`t forget the stepped cam will hold the choke on until the engine is hot enough and the throttle blipped , then the cam spins around to its normal running position . I would expect the engine to `fluff` a bit before dying though ...

Might be worth checking the choke is fully off when it reaches temperature as well ?

Just a few ideas ..

Have blipped the throttle so revs come down.
Carb does not show any signs of icing at any point.

Any other suggestions?

J & P
:D :D :D

I would look at the electrical side of things.
I had a misfire once that only happened when it was hot, it was a coil that was failing and the heat made it worse.

Latest posts